Assistant Director Student Involvement
Nebraska Wesleyan University seeks applications for an energetic individual to serve as an Assistant Director Student Involvement who can work in a fast paced environment. The successful candidate will coordinate, manage, and advise the Greek system, which includes 3 fraternities and 3 sororities, in the areas of recruitment, programming, self-governance, and policy development and implementation. This is a full-time, exempt, year-long position which requires significant evening and weekend work to attend student events. The successful candidate will have an understanding of current issues and challenges students face while working to ensure optimum Greek Life operations.
* Provide advising and leadership development for Interfraternity and Panhellenic Councils, Order of Omega and the Chapter leadership.
* Advocates for and promotes the Greek Community by creating, enhancing, and maintaining positive relationships with chapter advisors and alumni.
* Explores opportunities for increasing membership in the Greek community.
* Manages the programming calendar information for students and provides assistance to the recognized student organizations on campus.
* Coordinate with appropriate University staff and outside sponsors the NWU summer camps and conferences program.
* Proposes and implements University policies which affect the operations of University recognized Greek organizations.
* Advises Greek chapters on program development and manages the program registration process for fraternity and sorority life to ensure compliance with University and Inter-fraternity and Panhellenic Council guidelines.
* Serves as the university advisor to Colleges Against Cancer. Assists in the development and management of the annual Relay for Life event.
* Coordinates administration of NWU summer camps and conferences program and the use of NWU facilities and resources.
This position requires a Bachelor’s degree, however a Master’s degree will be given preference. Candidates must:
* One to three years of demonstrated experience with Greek Life on a small Liberal Arts residential campus.
* Be able to relate effectively with college students, alumni, faculty, and administration to insure optimum Greek Life operation.
* Have and demonstrate knowledge and experience in crisis management, counseling, and intervention programs.
* Demonstrate an understanding of student development, learning outcomes and leadership theories and their application.
* Have experience with the risk management and legal implications associated with Greek Life policies and practices.
* Be able to set and achieve goals related time lines, project management and event oversight.
* Be able to demonstrate ability to provide independent judgment and discretion in regards to advising and providing leadership for Greek Life.
* Possess good interpersonal communication skills, as well as strong oral and written communication skills
* Demonstrate good organizational skills, be detail oriented, and be adaptable and flexible
* Demonstrate the ability to maintain and be responsible for confidential information
* Possess a core understanding of assessment and evaluation in higher education.
Commitment to Diversity:
Diversity is a core value of Nebraska Wesleyan University’s mission and we embrace it as a source of strength. Nebraska Wesleyan University provides equal educational and employment opportunities to qualified persons in all areas of university operation without regard to religion or creed, age, genetic information, gender identity and expression, sexual identity and orientation, veteran status, disability, marital status, race, or national or ethnic origin, in compliance with state and federal laws, including but not limited to Title XII, Title IX, and the ADA. E-Verify, EOE.
How to Apply:
To apply, please send letter of application, resume, and the names of three professional references to Maria Harder at email@example.com. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Please visit the NWU website for more information about our institution: nebrwesleyan.edu