COMPREHENSIVE ONCOLOGY COORDINATOR
Duties: * Schedule new patient appointments for oncology and surgical oncology triage cases so that patient needing to be seen most urgently are prioritized.
* Obtain records including lab work, cytology/biopsy reports and imaging from ref vet prior to patient's initial appointment
* Inform clients about what to expect during their visit
* Maintain a client waiting list in the event of cancelations
* Confirmation calls for new cases prior to the appointment
* Schedule recheck appointments for med and surg onc appointments
* Collaborate with Senior nursing staff/Surg onc clinicians to be mindful of clinician and nursing coverage with scheduling new and recheck appointments. Our goal is to have a reasonable distribution of cases throughout the week and a more uniform allotment of injectable chemotherapy cases throughout each day of the week.
* Phone call to owners if they have not arrived for their appointments within 15 minutes of their designated scheduled appointment time
* Check messages on the oncology message line as well as email. Return calls and alert clinicians to any messages that need to be returned urgently.
* Facilitate prescription refills
* Assist with putting in RIS and anesthesia requests for upcoming appointments
Qualifications: Associate's degree and 5 years of experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience. CVT preferred but not essential.
* This ideal candidate must be flexible and willing to adapt to change. We will be trying new things often (i.e. trial and error) to determine what works for our service
* Excellent communication and customer service skills, must be comfortable communicating with clients and ref vets via phone and email
* Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
* Good working knowledge of medical and surgical oncology
Reference Number: 58-27892
Salary Grade: 025
Employment Type: Non-Exempt
Org: Ryan Veterinary Hospital
Special Requirements: Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.
Job Family: 3-Animal Care