IT SUPPORT SPECIALIST JUNIOR/SENIOR
Duties: Reporting to the IT Director, this position will support the strategic implementation of information technology by the faculty and staff of Wharton Entrepreneurship, and other associated centers. A successful candidate will:
* Participate in meaningful team meetings where input is always encouraged and creativity always required.
* Seize the opportunities presented to make work-life better
* Influence departmental goals, finding the sweet spot between the pragmatic and the spectacular
* Provide first-tier support for desktop and laptop hardware and software, printers, mobile devices, and network configuration.
* Work with the Wharton Computing staff to provide high security and availability of information resources, and to connect users to the appropriate resources to meet teaching, research, and operational goals.
* Advise on purchasing decisions, deploy, support, and maintain desktop and laptop computers.
* Provide quantitative and qualitative research support to faculty, visiting researchers, and PhD students.
* Maintain and manage positive working relationships with internal customers as well as other technical groups within the School and the University.
The senior level IT Support Specialist role requires all of the above, as well as the following:
* Act as the primary or backup server administrator, ensuring departmental servers are properly configured for high availability and redundancy
* Act as second and third tier support for all of our support constituent parties
* Engage with Wharton Computing leadership and other cross-functional teams on various school-wide projects and initiatives
Please be sure to include an answer to the following question in your cover letter: 'Why do you want to work in Higher Education?'
This position is contingent upon funding.
Qualifications: A Bachelor's Degree and 1 year of experience or equivalent combination of education and experience is required. 1 year experience with user support is required, including demonstrable troubleshooting experience with Windows 7/8/10, Mac OS and mobile devices. Excellent organizational and communications skills are essential to this position. Experience navigating and working with group policy objects, understanding of basic security concepts of Anti-Virus and Anti-Malware technologies, use of desktop imaging technologies (Ghost/WDS/MDT) and desktop support software (IBM/KACE/etc.) are preferred.
IT Support Specialist Sr.: A bachelor's degree and 2-3 years of experience is required, or equivalent combination of education and experience. 2+ years of experience in the above technologies, including direct user support, plus demonstrable Server Operating Systems skill sets with either Windows or Linux. Familiarity with Amazon Web Services, and VMware virtualization technologies a plus.
Reference Number: 07-27884
Salary Grade: B/C
Employment Type: Exempt
Org: Wharton Computing and Instructional Technology (WCIT)
Special Requirements: Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.
Job Family: E-Information Systems/Technology