Washington & Jefferson College (W&J) is searching for staff members to contribute their talents to our campus community. W&J seeks to create a transformative learning experience for its increasingly diverse student body, and bolster an inclusive environment in which everyone’s voice is heard and appreciated, and individuality is celebrated. W&J is dedicated to the values of a liberal arts education that is both liberating and practical, and supports a community committed to multicultural and global understanding.
The Student Health and Counseling Services of Washington & Jefferson College, a unit within the Division of Student Life, is pleased to announce a Psychologist position opening. This position is a full time appointment with salary and benefits. This is a generalist position and the successful candidate should be interested in working with the full range of mental health challenges and concerns presented by a college student population.
Essential Functions/Major Responsibilities:
- Offer direct psychotherapy services to our student clients including intake, urgent walk-in, individual, group and couples counseling.
- Crisis intervention, urgent counseling, after-hours on-call. Routine evening and occasional weekend hours required. After hours on-call every other week. Candidates must be able to respond within 20 minutes or less for emergencies on campus when on call.
- Assessments and supervision of trainee assessments. (Primarily LD and ADHD, for possible accommodations.)
- Work with staff to develop and implement outreach programs and workshops designed to foster students’ academic and life success.
- Work collaboratively within an integrated Health & Counseling Services environment.
- Develop collaborative relationships with various campus organizations (e.g. Student Health, Athletics, Residence Life, Disability Support Services, and International Student Support).
- Offer consultation to faculty, staff, and family members.
- Participate in collection of accurate client and center data.
- Maintain appropriate clinical documentation and schedule within Titanium Schedule.
- Participate in weekly staff meetings and college-wide or division-wide meetings as appropriate.
- Additional administrative duties or other assignments as appropriate
Completed Doctoral Degree in Counseling or Clinical Psychology from an APA accredited program.
Licensed or license eligible in Pennsylvania
A Minimum of 2-3 year of providing counseling and psychological services.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Behaviors:
- Experience in a university/college counseling center, preferred
- Evidence of skill in addressing psychiatric emergencies
- Evidence of interest or experience in offering consultation to faculty, staff and students
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Positive and collaborative interpersonal skills
- Demonstrable experience in and commitment to promoting and enhancing diversity, and commitment to ongoing development of multicultural competence
- Interest in and knowledge of alcohol and other drug treatment, education and outreach
- A self-motivated and self-directed commitment to high professional ideals, and knowledge of/adherence to legal guidelines and APA Ethical standards.
- Demonstrated professional commitment and interest in university counseling center work and college student development
Expertise in one or more of the following treatment areas: anxiety management, alcohol and other substance abuse, survivors of sexual assault, anger management, eating disorders, provision of services to populations with diverse needs, administration of integrated services.
Please send application materials electronically to [email protected] A completed application will include:
- A cover letter stating your interest, goals, and experience specifically relevant to the Psychologist position
- Current CV
- List of 3-5 references, one should be a current/recent supervisor
- Official transcripts will be requested upon hire.
Washington & Jefferson College offers a comprehensive benefit package for benefit eligible employees; including health, vision, and dental coverage, group life insurance, AD&D and LTD coverage, retirement plan, generous leave time, and the tuition benefit programs. These benefits add significantly to the employee’s total compensation package.
Getting to Know W&J
Washington & Jefferson College is the best of both worlds: a small-town college setting in historic Washington, Pa., with easy access to the bustling business and cultural districts of nearby Pittsburgh, Pa. just 30 miles to the north. Founded in 1781, W&J College is a private, residential liberal arts college that is focused on student success. Our dedicated, experienced professors are passionate about teaching and work closely with our students to ensure that they receive a quality, comprehensive education. For more than 200 years, our alumni have influenced change in business, politics, medicine, and the arts and sciences as CEOs, lawyers, doctors, researchers, writers, teachers, and in many other equally worthy professions.
Washington & Jefferson College welcomes people of all backgrounds and beliefs who wish to participate in a diverse educational community. The College strives to be a place where all students, faculty, administrators and employees are able to live, study and work in an atmosphere free from bias and harassment. The College encourages civil debate and lively exchange of ideas in the belief that such exchanges promote understanding that will grow beyond simple tolerance of difference to embracing and celebrating the richness of diversity. Our graduates acquire knowledge and learn skills that help them thrive in a culturally diverse world.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Washington & Jefferson College (W&J) is committed to increasing diversity in our community and actively pursues individuals from all backgrounds. Additionally, W&J College complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws and provides equal opportunity in all educational programs and activities, admission of students and conditions of employment for all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, sex, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, gender identity, or national origin.