Assistant/Associate Professor - College of Education
The University of Mary Hardin Baylor’s College of Education seeks an Assistant / Associate Professor for its undergraduate program in Education, beginning Fall 2018. UMHB seeks faculty who are active Christians and dedicated teacher-scholars to prepare students for leadership, service, and faith-informed discernment in a global society.
The College of Education offers five undergraduate degree programs which include the following:
- Early Childhood (EC) through Grade 6 Core Subjects
- EC-3 Core Subjects, with heavy emphasis in the science of literacy
- Grades 4-8 Core Subjects
- Interdisciplinary (which includes EC-6, Special Education, and ESL)
- All-Level Art/Music/P.E./Spanish
- Secondary (7-12) English, History, Science, Speech, and Mathematics
UMHB is conveniently located in Belton, an historic town of over 20,000 in the heart of central Texas. Excellent schools, abundant cultural and recreational opportunities, and a high quality of life are hallmarks of the local community.
Faculty Responsibilities: Activities required of all faculty include exemplary teaching, curriculum development, student advising, professional attainment, and service to the department, college, university, and community. While primarily a teaching institution, UMHB recognizes and rewards research, publication, and other forms of scholarly attainment.
- Teach learner-centered undergraduate courses related to one or more of the following:
- Varied and innovative methods of instructional delivery
- Technology integration
- Curriculum design and articulation
- Literacy development
- Child and adolescent development
- Classroom management
- Working with diverse student populations
- State of Texas standards for instruction and assessment
- Provide leadership in working with state and local education entities.
- Collaborate with other faculty members in monitoring and implementing various aspects of the graduate and undergraduate programs, including field experiences.
- The teaching load is typically 12 hours per semester undergraduate courses with three course preparations.
Qualifications: Doctorate from an accredited institution with an area of emphasis in one or more of the focus areas is required; ABD will be considered (tenure-track status requires terminal degree in hand). A valid teaching certificate and minimum of three (3) years’ successful teaching experience in the K-12 environment is required. Preference will be given to candidates with experience in any or all of the following: P-12 administrative role, technology expertise and integration, and early childhood development. Excellent teaching and communication skills, a dedication to professional attainment, and commitment to quality improvement are essential. Must be an active, and committed Christian.
Salaries & Benefits: Competitive salary commensurate with experience, excellent benefits including medical and dental insurance, retirement plan with match and UMHB tuition benefits for employees and their dependents.
TO APPLY: Visit www.hr.umhb.edu/careers for more details and to apply. Please submit a cover letter, CV, transcript copies and evidence of quality teaching performance with your online application. Your letter of interest should also respond to UMHB’s mission and values, found at http://about.umhb.edu/our-mission. In addition, include in one page or less, a description of your own Christian beliefs and commitments. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until position is filled.