Assistant Professor of History
- Doctoral Degree in U.S. History.
- Expertise in 20th Century U.S. Social History.
- Ability to teach courses in our Public History concentration.
- A primary interest in, and firm commitment to, student-centered teaching.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Teaching a four/four load, including general education and upper-level History classes.
- Participating in academic advising, committee work, planning and assessment, other College and community service and professional development.
- Other such duties as assigned by the Chair of History.
A complete application will include:
- a letter of interest
- a separate statement of teaching philosophy
- a current curriculum vita
- three signed letters of reference written within the last three years
- unofficial transcripts of all college and graduate work (Official transcripts will be required prior to an offer of employment.)
Dr. Judy Cornett, Chair
Department of History
Dalton State College
650 College Drive
Dalton, GA 30720
Position is available August 2018. Review of completed applications will begin March 19th and will continue until the position is filled.
The names of applicants and nominees, vitae, and other general non-evaluative material are subject to public inspection under the Georgia Open Records Act. The University System Board of Regents requires a background check before employment.
Employment opportunities, admissions policies, activities, services, and facilities of the College do not exclude any person on the basis of race, color, age, sex, religion, national origin or disability. Dalton State College is an Affirmative Action Program Institution and strongly encourages the applications and nominations of women and minorities.