Executive Director of Communications and Marketing
- Work closely and collaboratively with the executive director of graduate admissions in support of enrollment, recruitment and digital functions
- Enhance the College's visibility and positive reputation by positioning and differentiating Daniels as a premiere global business school
- Develop marketing strategies in support of the College's student recruitment, retention, and engagement efforts that aid in creating a diverse learning environment
- Develop and champion integrated marketing plans designed to advance the College's brand recognition, strategic positioning, and strength to its target audiences for desired outcomes
- Identify, cultivate, research, and create strategies to market to target audiences
- Develop strategic, creative marketing, content and campaigns across diverse media channels to increase target audience participation in and support of key initiatives
- Work closely with the Dean's Leadership Team to craft College policies, strategies, and plans regarding a comprehensive unified approach to marketing the College
- Work closely with the University's Division of Marketing and Communications
- Support and promote fundraising efforts
- Provide management, supervision, and mentorship to the College's communications and marketing staff members
- Plan and oversee the budget for this unit
- Perform any other related duties as required or assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Proven ability to develop, grown, and manage a high-value consumer-facing brand
- Demonstrated proficiency in marketing techniques with a proven track record of success in highly- matrixed environment with multiple constituents
- Track record of success in identifying and implementing the best marketing practices in use by customer-oriented organizations and institutions of higher education and corporate industries
- Promotion strategy skills and demonstrated experience in integrated marketing with deep experience in promotion management, direct marketing, digital marketing and CRM
- Experience with audience segmentation/personas and customer experience practices
- Significant knowledge of marketing technology platforms and how they can be leveraged to support strategic marketing initiatives
- Ability to integrate thinking across divergent points of view and leverage an environment that is diverse and inclusive
- Demonstrated ability to conceive new research based marketing strategies and successfully lead implementation
- Financial analysis skills and experience in data-driven decision making
- Excellent communicator with strong public speaking skills who can articulate complex ideas to a range of audiences
- Excellent writing and presentation skills
- Ability to anticipate problems and use good judgment in developing solutions
- Excellent management and mentorship skills
- Demonstrated experience leading, motivating, and working with diverse teams
- Ability to take initiative and work well independently and as part of a team
- Ability to cultivate strong relationships, collaborate effectively with others and establish and maintain effective working relationships at all levels; ability to influence colleagues pan-University irrespective of reporting lines
- Proven ability to prioritize work and effectively manage multiple assignments concurrently in a fast-paced environment while maintaining adherence to deadlines and budgets
- Effective computer skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe products, common databases, Slate, Salesforce (or other CRM software), and martech platforms such as Marketo, Hubspot, Pardot, etc.
- Commitment to supporting Daniels College of Business and the University of Denver's principles and values of character, scholarship, culture, and service, and the University's strong student-centered vision and mission
- Positive attitude, proven ability to work successfully with diverse populations and demonstrated commitment to promote and enhance diversity and inclusion.
- Master's degree.
- Seven to ten (7-10) years of experience in marketing, building and executing on specific, measurable product initiatives that have folded in multiple audiences.
- Prior experience in an agency, higher education, academic or non-profit setting.
- Experience leading a team.
Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by 4:00 p.m. (MST) Monday, February 19, 2018.
Candidates must apply online through www.du.edu/jobs to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted. Once within the job description online, please scroll to the bottom of the page to apply.
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff and encourages applications from women, minorities, members of the LGBTQ community, people with disabilities and veterans. The University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.