Executive Director of Finance and Business Operations - Associate Administrator
Job ID: 18229
Kingsborough Community College of the City University of New York, located on the Manhattan Beach waterfront in Brooklyn, New York, seeks an experienced Executive Director of Finance and Business Operations.
The Executive Director of Finance and Business Operations oversees and is responsible for the efficient management of all facets of the Business Office, including accounting and purchasing, Bursar, and auxiliary services. The Executive Director develops and implements fiscal procedures, protocols and controls, and works closely with CUNY's Budget Office, Controller's Office and the Research Foundation. The successful candidate will be a strong, collaborative leader with excellent communication skills. The Executive Director must be a competent decision maker and have the ability to efficiently analyze information and issues to serve the needs of the academic and non-academic areas. The Executive Director reports to the Vice President for Finance and Administration and will assist in guiding the process that measures the return on investment in achieving quality improvements, increasing enrollment and meeting financial targets.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Works closely with the Vice President for Finance and Administration in planning, developing and implementing college financial plans and strategies.
- Responsible for all college financial reporting, including monthly financial closings, reconciliations, etc.
- Oversight of internal and external financial audits.
- Administers and ensures compliance with college and university fiscal policies. Monitors CUNY allocations, and serves as the college's budget liaison with University Budget Office.
- Works closely with the Financial Aid Office.
- Ensures proper review and control of all procurement issues.
- Liaison with CUNY and State Officials in regard to financial reports and policies.
- Reviews and oversee all campus tax levy, non-tax levy budgets, auxiliary services and other budgets as deemed appropriate by Vice President.
- Ensures compliance with all appropriate City, State, Federal and GAAP accounting and regulatory policies.
-Oversees the Bursar’s Office, and the collection of tuition and fees.
-Oversees the Finance Controller’s Office, Purchasing, Accounts Payable, Tuition Revenue Management and all related Business Manager functions.
- Ensures the proper implementation of University-wide financial and accounting systems on the campus.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by the Vice President for Finance and Administration.
This position is in CUNY's Executive Compensation Plan. All executive positions require a minimum of a Bachelor's degree and eight years' related experience.
- CPA is preferred with experience in a diverse urban higher education system.
- Must possess strong organizational skills and ability to present oral and written reports.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to form collaborative relations with all members of the college and CUNY community.
- Must demonstrate initiative, strong management skills and the ability to think in an innovative manner regarding financial matters that impact the college.
- Excellent computer skills and familiarity with relevant computer software required.
Salary commensurate with education and experience.
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
March 7, 2018