Director of Student Engagement
The Director is responsible for implementing the vision of an inclusive and engaging student community through programming and innovative student leadership development. The Director manages professional staff serving the Student Center, student organizations, student government, and programming and activities for both graduate and undergraduate students. The Director is responsible for oversight of the Student Center as a programming tool within the division and its overall management. All programs and initiatives led by the Director must demonstrate a commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion and a demonstrated commitment to cross departmental and divisional collaboration. The Director reports directly to an Executive Director in the division of Campus Life and Inclusive Excellence. This position will require some evenings, weekends and holidays. The anticipated start date for this role is July 1, 2018.
Leadership, Vision, and Strategic Directions
Student Leadership Development
Inclusive Community Wide Programming
Programming Operations Management
- Master's Degree in Higher Education or related field.
- 3+ years of experience supervising full-time graduate/professional staff while in a full-time professional role.
- 3+ years full-time professional experience within student affairs/multicultural student affairs in a post-secondary institution.
- Demonstrated experience in planning and/or programming.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, inclusion and equity efforts embedded into the foundation of all programming and initiatives.
- Ability to work evenings, weekends and holidays as needed to support student/departmental events.
- Experience managing budgets.
- Master's Degree in Higher Education
- 5+ years of experience supervising full-time graduate/professional staff while in a full-time professional role.
- 5+ years full-time professional experience within student affairs/multicultural student affairs in a post-secondary institution.
- Experience designing innovative assessment tools to evaluate the impact of student engagement initiatives.
- Experience with streamlining complex processes, collaborative approaches to creating buy-in, and lean organizational designs.
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by 4:00pm (MST) on March 16, 2018. An ongoing review of submitted applications will begin on February 15, 2018.
Candidates must apply online through www.du.edu/jobs to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted.