Assistant Director of Student Engagement
The Assistant Director is responsible for the day to day management and oversight of student organizations, including but not limited to the approval of their events, management of the contract process, development of and compliance with risk management plans, as well as the oversight of the student organization advisor development program. This position also works closely with the Undergraduate Student Government (USG) on policy development and implementation for the student organization licensing and student fee allocation processes. Additionally, this position has direct oversight of the University of Denver Programming Board (DUPB) and all of the major annual events that are planned by DUPB. The Assistant Director spearheads campus collaboration in the areas of student programming, policies, procedures, and works with individuals and campus partners on various efforts. This position works in partnership with the Office of Student Rights and Responsibilities in regards to the student organizations conduct process. The Assistant Director supervises two graduate assistants and multiple student workers. The position supports the Director in providing leadership for the Office of Student Engagement in establishing and fulfilling its mission and strategic priorities, and in conducting daily operations and responsibilities. This position will require some evenings, weekends and holidays. The anticipated start date for this role is July 1, 2018.
Inclusive Community Wide Programming
Student Organization LeadershipProgramming Operations Management Supervision
- Master's Degree in Higher Education or related field.
- 1-3 years of experience (G.A. and/or professional) within student affairs/multicultural student affairs in a post-secondary institution.
- 1-3 years of experience in supervising graduate and/or student staff.
- Demonstrated experience in event planning and/or programming.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, inclusion and equity efforts embedded into the foundation of all programming and initiatives.
- Ability to work evenings, weekends and holidays as needed to support student/departmental events.
- Master's Degree in Higher Education
- 3+ years of experience (G.A. and/or professional) within student affairs/multicultural student affairs in a post-secondary institution.
- 3+ years of experience supervising full-time graduate/professional staff while in a full-time professional role.
- Experience with designing innovative assessment tools to evaluate the impact of student engagement initiatives.
- Experience with streamlining complex processes, collaborative approaches to creating buy-in, and lean organizational designs.
University is open M-F, 8:00am-4:30pm with some weekends, evenings and holidays.
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by 4:00pm (MST) on March 16, 2018. An ongoing review of submitted applications will begin on February 15, 2018.
Candidates must apply online through www.du.edu/jobs to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted.