Manager of Web Services
Recently, the University of Denver overhauled its public web site, applying best practices of today's web communications to advance the website as the foundation for DU marketing and primary student recruitment vehicle. We are seeking a Manager of Web Services to expand the site across all academic and business units and achieve the goal of establishing a comprehensive web ecosystem at DU.
The Manager of Web Services will oversee and administer the University's web operations by taking a leadership role in the strategy, design, implementation, maintenance, delivery, and optimization of DU web services. Responsibilities include defining and managing policies and procedures for website operations; managing the web services process to govern how new units are on-boarded into the ecosystem; overseeing design/UX approach, improvements and updates; managing consistency in messaging, creative, navigation and content across and throughout DU's web ecosystem; overseeing and reporting site analytics; improving audience experience; and performing related work as required.
This individual will work closely with University academic and business units to identify opportunities to leverage the web to meet each unit's business outcomes, improve web site reach and effectiveness, and to promote the strategic use of marketing technology. The individual has overall responsibility for team performance and operations of DU's Web Services team, including developers, UX designers, and content strategists. This individual will also collaborate with and support the Division of Communications and Marketing in maintaining effective web communications for internal and external audiences.
- Bachelor's degree or a combination of relevant education and work experience, or equivalent training and certification in military setting.
- Ten years + related experience with at least three years in a management position.
- Demonstrated experience with highly complex, enterprise-level Web communications and CMS implementations.
- Demonstrated experience and commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Technical experience with HTML, CSS, Drupal administration and site building.
- Experience with UX design and Web content best practices.
- Content management system administration and Google analytics management and reporting.
- Tracking code implementation and reporting.
- Strong understanding of UI, cross-browser compatibility and general web functions and standards.
- Comprehensive experience with web authoring, development and publishing tools.
- Familiarity with Agile project management systems and methodologies.
- Master's degree.
- Higher Education experience.
Monday-Friday, 8:00am-4:30pm. Some nights and weekends commitment may be required.
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by 4:00pm (MST) March 1, 2018.
Candidates must apply online through www.du.edu/jobs to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted. Once within the job description online, please scroll to the bottom of the page to apply.