Date: November 29, 2017
Title: Staff Nurse
Description: Hartwick College is seeking a diverse pool of applicants for the role of staff nurse at the Perrella Health Center. The staff nurse utilizes nursing skills and knowledge to assist a diverse population of students to realize optimum physical, emotional, intellectual, and social well-being by facilitating preventative health care, assisting with care of ill or injured students, and promoting healthcare education that assists students to become educated consumers of health services. The staff nurse also plays a role in ensuring students are in compliance with College, State, and Federal regulations regarding health requirements and in the day to day office responsibilities of a busy health clinic.
- Facilitation of medical visits obtaining appropriate pre visit data
- Implementation of treatment plans: Obtain and label lab specimens (may include venipuncture), label medications, provide vaccinations, provide education, document for billing/insurance and statistical tracking purposes, facilitate the referral process
- Scheduling nurse and provider appointments:
- Documentation of all health care interactions in an accurate and timely manner
- Review of student health forms and immunization records
- Assisting with the day to day office responsibilities of a busy health clinic
- Participation in significant campus activities including Commencement Weekend
- Assisting with health requirement review and care of youth summer sports campers
Qualifications: The successful candidate for this position will demonstrate a dedication to customer service and provision of health care services to a diverse student population while interacting as a member of the health care team. Candidates must possess strong interpersonal communication skills, the ability to work well as a member of an aligned professional team, and basic computer skills. Minimum requirements for this position are a current NYS license as an LPN with at least 2 years of clinical nursing experience. Experience in phlebotomy is preferred. Computer skills and the ability to utilize an electronic medical record are necessary. Candidates must meet all current mandated NYS professional nursing requirements including being current in infection control and holding CPR certification. A valid driver’s license is required.
Hartwick College Information:
An independent, residential liberal arts college enrolling approximately 1,400 full-time undergraduates, Hartwick embraces the teacher-scholar model, with teaching excellence as the first priority, and seeks to recruit, retain and promote a diverse workforce.
Located in the scenic Susquehanna River valley in Oneonta, NY, near the northern foothills of the Catskill Mountains, the College features a Liberal Arts in Practice curriculum and aspires to "be the best at melding liberal arts education with experiential learning."
Hartwick offers health benefits to domestic partners of employees, and prohibits discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation/preference and gender identity/expression. Hartwick is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to broadening “the understanding, awareness, and appreciation of diversity among all members of the Hartwick community.” Women, minorities, and other underrepresented groups are especially encouraged to apply.
Hartwick College is committed to providing a safe and secure educational environment. Employment at Hartwick College is therefore contingent upon a successful background check on every new employee. Candidates to whom an offer of employment is made will be required to sign a Release of Information Form authorizing the College to conduct a thorough background check.
Hartwick College is committed to a diverse candidate pool, values an inclusive workforce and workplace environment, and wishes to minimize or eliminate the impact of implicit bias during the search and hiring process. To apply, please submit two single pdf copies of your application materials. One of these copies should have any and all reference to your name redacted. The other copy should leave any reference to your name intact. Both copies should be inclusive of the content below.
- cover letter
- Diversity Statement – a statement addressing how past and/or potential contributions to diversity will support Hartwick College’s Diversity Statement (https://www.hartwick.edu/campus-life/intercultural-affairs/diversity-at-hartwick/)
- and the names and contact information for three references (at least one of your references must be from a current and/or previous supervisor)
All materials should be sent electronically to Jarvis McCowin, Coordinator of Inclusion, at [email protected] with [Position Title] in the subject line. Applications may also be mailed to the Office of Human Resources, Hartwick College, P.O. Box 4020, Oneonta, NY 13820 or faxed to 607-431-4329. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
To see an example of a redacted resume, please visit the following (https://www.hartwick.edu/about-us/employment/human-resources/employment-opportunities/staff-positions/redacted-staff/).