Coordinator of Conduct and Special Programs
Invitation to Apply:
The Office of Campus Life within our Division of Student Development invites applications for a full time Coordinator of Conduct and Special Programs.
Join an energetic campus community where excellence is reflected in mission, diversity and student success. This unique role encompasses two distinct areas within the division supporting various aspects of student conduct including being a full time hearing officer and helping to manage special programs such as orientation and commencement.
William Paterson University is the third most diverse public university in New Jersey. As a longstanding member of the Hispanic Association of Colleges and Universities (HACU), we have been designated by the US Department of Education as a Hispanic-Serving Institution. The University offers more than 250 undergraduate and graduate academic programs that range from liberal arts and sciences to pre-professional and professional programs; it enrolls nearly 11,000 students from across the country and from over 40 nations. The University is situated on a beautiful, 370-acre suburban campus in Wayne, New Jersey, just twenty miles west of New York City.
Opportunities: Student development and success contributes to the livelihood of students during their transitional years and helps make the experience more vibrant and purposeful.
- Provides unique support to various functions within the Campus Life area primarily student conduct as well as programs such as new student, transfer, parent/family orientations in the summer months and mid-year sessions.
- Assists with the management of these programs and services, conduct hearings, trainings for orientation staff, hearing officers and implementation of varied assessments.
- Adjudicates conduct cases, develops and implements training programs for hearing officers; supports hearing board cases as needed.
- Develops, implements and maintains initiatives to educate students effectively in the conduct process.
- Supports the strategic priorities for the Department, Division and University as needed, and reports to the Director of Student Conduct.
- Oversees the development of learning outcomes and assessment programs for the Student Conduct Process that are in alignment with Residence Life and Student Development.
- Attends meetings, training and development sessions and serves as a liaison to University departments and organizations. Works collaboratively with Public Safety, Academic Compliance, Title IX and other stakeholders.
- Develops and implements assessment activities to determine the efficacy of orientation programs and conduct processes and recommends adjustments as appropriate.
- Plans, creates and disseminates promotional materials for various events through a variety of communication media including, but not limited to orientation programs, commencement and other university-wide celebrations.
- Supports and maintains related web and social media presence as needed.
- Hires, trains, and supervises student orientation staff that includes peer leaders and parent volunteers.
- Prepares cogent, technically sound, informative reports containing findings, conclusions and recommendations for both student conduct and orientation programs.
- Masters degree from an accredited college or university in Higher Education Administration, Student Services, Counseling or a related field is required.
- A minimum of two years of experience in student conduct work at the university level.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Knowledge and application of survey development techniques and analysis.
- Availability to work a schedule that includes evenings and weekends.
- Working knowledge of contemporary web and social media platforms as well as experience with conduct records management software preferred.
- Ability to think critically and work independently as well as collaboratively.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Supports student success
- Collaborates with peers
- Thinks innovatively and creatively
- Enjoys challenge and opportunities to make an impact
For more information about our programs, we encourage you to visit Division of Student Development/Campus Life
Invitation to apply:
Please click to Apply for the position.
Interested candidates will be prompted to:
Complete an application
Submit a cover letter and resume
Provide names/contact information of three professional references.
Submission of all documents listed above is required for consideration.
William Paterson University is an equal opportunity employer that actively values and supports diversity among faculty, staff and students. Women, minorities, and members of under-represented groups are encouraged to apply.