Administrative Executive Coordinator
Reporting to the Administrative Executive Officer to the Senior Vice President for Administration/Chief Operating Officer (COO) at Hunter College, the Administrative Executive Coordinator will engage in a number of functions to support the COO's Office:
- Assist in meeting coordination with other members of the COO team and act as the primary meeting coordinator when appropriate;
- Assist in drafting and maintaining all materials necessary for COO presentations and meetings;
- Research, analyze and prepare materials for projects, and for use by the COO in resolving complex or sensitive issues;
- Draft and edit correspondence, reports and presentations;
- Coordinate and manage special projects, including collaboratively working with staff to ensure project deadlines are met;
- Reviews, proofreads, and formats all correspondence prepared for the COO's signature to ensure accuracy and completeness;
- Work independently and within a team on special and ongoing projects;
- Assists in other administrative functions as required.
Bachelor's Degree required.
- Strong understanding of best practices related to management of records, including preservation and protection.
- High degree of professionalism and personal integrity to maintain confidentiality. Detail oriented, self-directed, motivated and proactive.
- Ability to prioritize competing tasks in a deadline driven environment with time constraints, spot issues/problems and identify potential solutions, uphold strict confidentiality and easily develop and maintain collegial relationships in a team setting with diverse staff of all levels in a complex college community.
- Excellent writing, editing organizational, interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Excel, Word, Outlook, Adobe Acrobat, electronic databases and competency with digital and web based tools.
CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW
Provides administrative support to a Campus or University Executive.
- Coordinates office operations such as meetings, communications, events, and reports.
- Maintains extensive files and records for the unit.
- Maintains accurate calendars, schedules, and key dates.
- Collects data for, prepares, and distributes reports and presentations using appropriate technology. Runs basic system queries and reports to provide data.
- Updates office databases, lists, and files to ensure completeness and accuracy; maintains current information on department web site(s), manuals, and other materials.
- Provides clear communications on the Executive's behalf both within and outside the unit.
- May perform related duties as assigned; may participate in special projects and efforts to improve unit effectiveness.
Job Title Name: Administrative Executive Coordinator
Assistant to HEO
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Salary commensurate with education and experience, within the approved range for this position ($39282- $48210).
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
HOW TO APPLY
Click on the "Apply Now" button and follow the application instructions. Please have your curriculum vitae/ resume and scholarly interest or cover letter with names and contact information of 3 references available to attach into the application before you begin. Please note that the required material must be uploaded as ONE document. The document must be in .doc, .docx, .pdf, .rtf, or text format- and name of file should not exceed ten (10) characters. Incomplete application packages will not be considered.
The committee will begin reviewing applications on February 1, 2018. The search will remain open until the position is filled.
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
Job Title: Administrative Executive Coordinator (Sr. VP for Admin & COO's Office)
Job ID: 18033
Location: Hunter College
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.