Part-time Testing Specialist
Part-time Testing Specialist
Aims Community College at a Glance:
Aims Community College, locally governed, locally funded, is a debt-free and progressive community college with centralized administrative services located on the Greeley Campus, which supports three additional locations. Situated on the front range of the Colorado Rockies, and enjoying 300+ days of sunshine a year, Aims Community College is student success oriented and prepares students for success in more than 200 degree and certificate programs. You are not just a number here at Aims Community College, our wonderful Staff, Faculty, and Administration work as a team to ensure excellent service and offer the most affordable tuition in the front range.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Administer and proctor make-up and online exams in support of Aims academic programs.
2. Assist with the administrative aspects of academic testing, including but not limited to: data collection, file management, answering phones, and making appointments for students needing accommodations.
3. Administer Accuplacer placement tests.
4. Maintain security of testing material and confidentiality of results.
5. Assist in the administration of tests to students requiring accommodations.
6. Promote awareness and use of the Testing Center for academic testing with students, staff and faculty.
7. Assist with the delivery of professional development sessions and workshops regarding department services including assessment and academic testing.
8. Proctor high stakes tests (i.e. licensure and certification exams) through our Pearson Vue, Performance Assessment Network Center and CATS testing to include FAA and Certiport exams.
9. Schedule and proctor specialized testing, including: Spanish Placement Exam, keyboarding exam, Microsoft Certification Application Specialist exams, credit for prior learning exams (i.e. CLEP and DANTES), nursing, surgical tech, and rad tech exams.
10. Perform special projects as assigned by the Testing Center Program Coordinator.
1. High School Diploma or GED.
2. Experience with Windows-based PC's and Microsoft Office Products.
3. Capable of prioritizing multiple tasks or requests while handling numerous interruptions.
4. Attention to detail.
5. Ability to communicate effectively with students, staff, and faculty.
6. Excellent customer service skills.
7. Ability to work as a team member.
8. Ability to handle confidential tasks and materials with discretion.
9. Able to work a flexible schedule to include at least one evening per week.
Associate's Degree from a nationally accredited college or university.
30 hours a week
Equal Opportunity Employer
Notice: Aims Community College is an equal opportunity employer. Selection will be based solely on merit and will be without discrimination based on age, sex, sexual orientation, race, religion, national origin, marital status or disability. The goal of Aims is to enhance the diversity present in the district we serve. To comply with Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, if hired you will be required to provide documents within 3 days of hire date to show your identity and your authorization to work. This law applies to all persons hired.
Screening/Selection: All applicants may apply on line at jobs.aims.edu. If you need assistance with this process please contact Human Resources.
Initial screening will be conducted by a committee based on completed application materials.
Please be prepared to submit the following if required:
• Cover Letter addressing qualifications relative to position requirements,
• Diversity Statement (your personal statement on diversity),
• Teaching Philosophy (for faculty positions only) and,
• Transcripts (if applicable). Official transcripts will be required if hired.
o Faculty: Applicants must submit academic transcripts from an accredited institution. Applicants who have degrees from outside of the United States must request a credential evaluation of their transcript. National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (www.naces.org) or Association of International Credential Evaluators (www.aice-eval.org) lists members who may be contacted for assistance in evaluating foreign credentials.
All application materials become the property of Aims Community College. All application materials must be submitted by the closing date posted. The screening committee will select finalists for interviews.
Quicklink for Posting http://jobs.aims.edu/postings/2916
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * For recruitment statistics, please list where you found this job posting.
- Aims Website
- Internal Posting
- Personal Referral
- HigherEdjobs - Diversity and Inclusion
- Denver Post
- Greeley Tribune
- Local Newspaper Ad
- ACCT Executive Search
- Weld County Employment Service
- Other Source
- * What is the highest level of education attained?
- High School Diploma
- Associates Degree
- Bachelors Degree
- Masters Degree
- Professional Degree
- Cover Letter
- Diversity Statement
- Copy of Transcripts
- Curriculum Vitae
- Other Document