Minimum starting base salary is $43,605. Salaries may be adjusted higher commensurate with education and experience. Annual faculty contract is nine-months (166 days: 83 days/semester) paid out over 12 months. Summer overload may be required
Position: Full-time, Faculty, 9-month Academic position- Microbiology (BIO 204) and possibly general biology.
Full-time, tenure-track, benefited faculty position.
Position begins Fall Semester, August 2018
Aims Community College at a Glance:
Aims Community College, locally governed, locally funded, is a debt-free and progressive community college with centralized administrative services located on the Greeley Campus, which supports three additional locations. Situated on the front range of the Colorado Rockies, and enjoying 300+ days of sunshine a year, Aims Community College is student success oriented and prepares students for success in more than 200 degree and certificate programs. You are not just a number here at Aims Community College, our wonderful Staff, Faculty, and Administration work as a team to ensure excellent service and offer the most affordable tuition in the front range.
Purpose: Build a Stronger Community
Vision: First Choice - The Recognized Leader in Learning and Student Success
Mission: Provide knowledge and skills to advance quality of life, economic vitality, and overall success of the diverse communities we serve.
2018-2023 Strategic Directions:
Empower Students to Succeed
Enhance Operational Performance
Enrich Northern Colorado Economic Development
Responsibilities: Maintain compliance with the provisions of the Aims Community College full-time faculty position description including:
1. Teaching to provide (a.) effective and high quality instruction and assessment in microbiology, (b.) competent advising to students seeking pre-professional preparation in health and applied science fields, and (c.) to continually refine and modernize curriculum so that it remains educationally sound and meets the high standards of Aims Community College; develop curriculum as assigned.
2. Serve as a lead instructor for BIO 204 (Microbiology). Lead instructors create and oversee curriculum. Lead instructors mentor part time faculty that teach BIO 204.
3. Professional Development-maintain currency in the faculty member's field of expertise. Adopt new teaching methodology as appropriate.
4. College Service-provide meaningful participation on college committees or organizations, and to participate in community service opportunities as assigned.
5. Actively participate in college efforts to enhance student persistence and retention.
6. Must be able to teach on any campus/outreach site at any scheduled time as assigned.
7. Requires posting and maintaining teaching and office hour schedules, and participation in the integration of liberal arts and career/technical (occupational) education as assigned.
8. Must implement institutional, divisional, department or personal goals as assigned and initiate and maintain professional relationships with external agencies, business and other educational institutions as assigned.
9. Use computer technology in lecture and laboratory instruction to enhance student learning.
10. A commitment to the philosophy that each individual should be allowed an opportunity to succeed regardless of past experience is required, as well as a willingness to embrace and apply the provisions of Aims Community College's Mission Statement, Purposes, Philosophy and commitment to Affirmative Action and support for learning college and assessment concepts.
11. Knowledge of developmental education theory and student development theory.
12. Understanding of traditional and non-traditional developmental/ remedial students.
13. Comprehension of students' progression through remedial and from remedial to college level skills.
14. Other responsibilities and duties as assigned by the Department Chair or Academic Dean.
Please note: If you are interested in the Anatomy & Physiology and/or General Biology positions you must submit a separate application to those postings.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a part/full-time basis.
1. Master's degree or higher from a regionally accredited institution in the biological sciences with preference to degrees focused in microbiology or closely related discipline.
2. Experience teaching microbiology at the college level.
3. Experience teaching general/college level biology.
4. Experience teaching and organizing microbiology and general/college level biology laboratories at the college level.
5. Ability to teach using methodologies that support a student centered learning environment
6. Experience supervising/mentoring employees.
7. Computer literacy and the ability to use computer technology in classroom/lab instruction.
8. A willingness to take classes in teaching methods, curriculum development, computer applications or other coursework deemed necessary by the department chair or Academic Dean.
1. Doctoral degree in microbiology or closely related discipline.
2. Previous community college teaching of microbiology and general biology courses.
3. Online teaching experience, familiarity with online teaching principles and/or taken online classes.
4. Experience with assessment as it relates to student learning.
5. Use of course management software such as WebCT and/or D2L.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Full-time, Tenured position to begin August, 2018
APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS AND INFORMATION
• The Application is the only document that will be utilized to determine if minimum qualifications, as outlined in the job posting, have been met. The Application is considered to be the legal document on file; resumes will not be reviewed for minimum qualification requirements.
• Clearly document job duties performed that relate to minimum qualifications, preferred qualifications, and essential job duties in the "Work Experience" section on the application. We must be able to evaluate your experience based on this information.
• Clearly outline dates of employment and hours worked per week for each employment experience listed in the Work Experience section of the Application so that we can calculate full-time experience.
• If an Application is considered "Incomplete", the application will be removed from consideration for the position.
• An Application is incomplete if no current/ previous employment is included in the Work Experience section of the Application.
• An Application is incomplete if "see resume" (or something similar) is noted, or previous employment does not contain job duties for every position in the Work Experience section of the Application.
• When a resume is listed as a required document, it may be used in the comparative analysis/ evaluation process to determine the candidates that most closely meet the qualifications of the position. This process occurs after an application has passed the minimum qualifications screening. **Please see the "Required Documents" section of the posting.
• Resumes will not be accepted in place of a complete application; however, resumes may still be required as a component of complete application materials.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Notice: Aims Community College is an equal opportunity employer. Selection will be based solely on merit and will be without discrimination based on age, sex, sexual orientation, race, religion, national origin, marital status or disability. The goal of Aims is to enhance the diversity present in the district we serve. To comply with Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, if hired you will be required to provide documents within 3 days of hire date to show your identity and your authorization to work. This law applies to all persons hired.
Screening/Selection: All applicants may apply on line at jobs.aims.edu. If you need assistance with this process please contact Human Resources.
Initial screening will be conducted by a committee based on completed application materials.
Please be prepared to submit the following if required:
• Cover Letter addressing qualifications relative to position requirements,
• Diversity Statement (your personal statement on diversity),
• Teaching Philosophy (for faculty positions only) and,
• Transcripts (if applicable). Official transcripts will be required if hired.
o Faculty: Applicants must submit academic transcripts from an accredited institution. Applicants who have degrees from outside of the United States must request a credential evaluation of their transcript. National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (www.naces.org) or Association of International Credential Evaluators (www.aice-eval.org) lists members who may be contacted for assistance in evaluating foreign credentials.
All application materials become the property of Aims Community College. All application materials must be submitted by the closing date posted. The screening committee will select finalists for interviews.
Quicklink for Posting http://jobs.aims.edu/postings/2801
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * The application instructions and information section on the application states that you must clearly document job duties performed that relate to minimum qualifications, etc. in the "Work Experience" section on the application. Please acknowledge that you have read and understand what is expected and that the initial review of applications will focus only on what is listed in the Work Experience section and not other required documents such as your resume.
- Yes, I meet the minimum qualifications and have documented this in the Work Experience section.
- No, I do not meet all of the minimum qualifications however I have documented my experience in the Work Experience section.
- * For recruitment statistics, please list where you found this job posting.
- Aims Website
- Internal Posting
- Personal Referral
- HigherEdjobs - Diversity and Inclusion
- Denver Post
- Greeley Tribune
- Local Newspaper Ad
- ACCT Executive Search
- Weld County Employment Service
- Other Source
- * What is the highest level of education attained?
- High School Diploma
- Associates Degree
- Bachelors Degree
- Masters Degree
- Professional Degree
- * Briefly describe your experience teaching microbiology at a college level, please include if you have taught and organized microbiology laboratories at a college level.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Briefly describe your experience teaching general/college level biology, please include if you have taught and organized general/college level biology laboratories.
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter
- Copy of Transcripts
- Diversity Statement
- Teaching Philosophy
- Curriculum Vitae
- Other Document