Part-Time Instructors - Geography (Open Pool)
$1,090/ credit; $3,270/ three-credit course
Part-Time Instructors - Geography (Open Pool)
Aims Community College at a Glance:
Aims Community College, locally governed, locally funded, is a debt-free and progressive community college with centralized administrative services located on the Greeley Campus, which supports three additional locations. Situated on the front range of the Colorado Rockies, and enjoying 300+ days of sunshine a year, Aims Community College is student success oriented and prepares students for success in more than 200 degree and certificate programs. You are not just a number here at Aims Community College, our wonderful Staff, Faculty, and Administration work as a team to ensure excellent service and offer the most affordable tuition in the front range.
Teaching assignment will include a variety of geography courses including World Geography and Human Geography.
1. Provide instruction on Geography courses in accordance with department practices.
2. Supervise students to ensure the safe and proper use of the facility, equipment, and supplies.
3. Evaluate student work and assign grades.
4. Assist in the basic maintenance and repair of program equipment.
5. Participate in professional development and training activities in order to develop and maintain skills and knowledge required for instructional excellence and the continuous improvement of the Geography program.
6. Assist full-time faculty with program and curriculum review, revision, development, and assessment of learning.
7. Utilize effective verbal and written communications skills.
8. Demonstrate continuous commitment to quality and craftsmanship.
9. Establish and maintain positive and professional relationships with students, faculty, staff, and administration.
10. Work as a team member with a genuine spirit of cooperation and flexibility.
11. Must be self-directed and self-motivated.
12. Participate in advisory committee meetings and activities as required.
13. Assist in developing quality relationships with business, industry, and community members.
14. Implement department, division, and institutional goals as assigned.
15. Demonstrate a willingness to embrace and apply the provisions of the College's mission statement, purpose, philosophy, and commitment to diversity.
16. Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Department Chair or Academic Dean.
Masters degree in Geography, or masters degree and 18 graduate credits in Geography.
College-level teaching experience in World Geography and Human Geography
Teach day or evening classes at Greeley campus, or at Loveland and Fort Lupton campuses
Equal Opportunity Employer
Notice: Aims Community College is an equal opportunity employer. Selection will be based solely on merit and will be without discrimination based on age, sex, sexual orientation, race, religion, national origin, marital status or disability. The goal of Aims is to enhance the diversity present in the district we serve. To comply with Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, if hired you will be required to provide documents within 3 days of hire date to show your identity and your authorization to work. This law applies to all persons hired.
All applicants may apply on line at jobs.aims.edu. If you need assistance with this process please contact Human Resources.
Please be prepared to submit the following if required:
• Cover Letter addressing qualifications relative to position requirements,
• Diversity Statement,
• Teaching Philosophy (for faculty positions only) and,
• Transcripts (if applicable). Official transcripts will be required if hired.
Faculty: Applicants must submit academic transcripts from an accredited institution. Applicants who have degrees from outside of the United States must request a credential evaluation of their transcript. National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (www.naces.org) or Association of International Credential Evaluators (www.aice-eval.org) lists members who may be contacted for assistance in evaluating foreign credentials.
All application materials become the property of Aims Community College. All application materials must be submitted by the closing date posted. The screening committee will select finalists for interviews.
Quicklink for Posting http://jobs.aims.edu/postings/2564
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * What is the highest level of education attained?
- High School Diploma
- Associates Degree
- Bachelors Degree
- Masters Degree
- Professional Degree
- * For recruitment statistics, please list where you found this job posting.
- Aims Website
- Internal Posting
- Personal Referral
- HigherEdjobs - Diversity and Inclusion
- Denver Post
- Greeley Tribune
- Local Newspaper Ad
- ACCT Executive Search
- Weld County Employment Service
- Other Source
- Cover Letter
- Copy of Transcripts
- Diversity Statement
- Teaching Philosophy
- Other Document
- Curriculum Vitae