Executive Director, Georgia Cyber Innovation and Training Center
The Hull McKnight Georgia Cyber Innovation and Training Center (GCITC) has been created to be a state asset serving all business and industry through a unique public/private partnership. It is the single largest investment in a cybersecurity facility in the nation to date. The $60 million Center will help fill the current and growing shortage of cybersecurity talent in the state and nation. This partnership includes Augusta University, Augusta Technical College, other University System of Georgia institutions, the City of Augusta, the Georgia Bureau of Investigation, and other state, federal and private-sector partners working together to meet this workforce demand and to innovate, train and strengthen defenses.
The state-of-the-art Center is located in the growing cybersecurity corridor in Augusta, Georgia, that is also home to the U.S. Army Cyber Command and Cyber School of Excellence at Fort Gordon. The Center is located on the downtown campus of Augusta University and will also house the School of Computer and Cyber Sciences.
Reporting to the Executive Vice President for Strategic Partnerships and Economic Development, the Executive Director defines overall strategy, vision, mission, and goals for GCITC programs and partnerships to develop this unique state asset consistent with the vision of the Georgia Cyber Innovation and Training Center and State of Georgia. The Executive Director will serve as the primary ambassador for the GCITC, recruit and maintain key partners, and manage the customer pipeline and growth for GCITC programs and partnerships. The Executive Director will identify and drive synergies between various GCITC programs and partnerships and provide executive oversight of GCITC programs and product strategies.
Duties and Responsibilities
Mission and Strategy
Works with the key stakeholders and staff to ensure that the GCITC mission is fulfilled through programs and strategic planning.
- Oversees collaborative effort to define GCITC vision and mission
- Leads strategic planning to ensure that the GCITC is well-positioned to fulfill its vision and mission
- Implements GCITC educational, research and entrepreneurial programs that align with and deliver on the center’s stated vision and mission
Works with Augusta University, Augusta Tech, and Georgia Technology Authority (GTA) executive stakeholders to fulfill the vision and mission of the GCITC.
- Leads the CITC in a manner that supports and guides its vision and mission
- Communicates regularly and effectively with key stakeholders and provides in a timely and accurate manner, all information needed to function properly and make informed decisions
Promotion and Advocacy
Coordinates cybersecurity community outreach, connecting GCITC programs, benefits, and key personnel with the needs of the cybersecurity community.
- Builds and enhances the GCITC’s image by being active and visible in the cybersecurity community, and by working closely with professional, civic, and private organizations
- Serves as the GCITC’s primary spokesperson to constituents, the media, and the public
- Drives final client business agreements for use of the GCITC programs based on leads generated by Director of Sales and Marketing
- Supports and develops key client relationships
Financial Performance and Viability
Develops resources sufficient to ensure the financial health of the GCITC.
- Responsible for the fiscal integrity of the GCITC, to include, P&L responsibility for GCITC programs, preparing and presenting annual budgets ($5M - $10M) and monthly financial statements, which accurately reflect the financial condition of the center
- Manages fiscal responsibilities, operating within the approved budget, ensuring high resource utilization, and maintaining a positive financial position for the GCITC as a whole
Executive Oversight of Operations
Oversees and implements appropriate resources to ensure efficient operation of the GCITC.
- Oversees effective administration of Cyber Range, Cyber Academy, Entrepreneurship, and Sales and Marketing operations
- Oversees recruitment, hiring and retention of qualified, competent staff (up to 20 staff members)
- Collaborates with GTA to develop new GCITC public and private sector tenant opportunities
- Responsible for collaborating with GTA to sign all notes, agreements and other instruments made and related to GCITC programs
- Establishes employment and administrative policies and procedures for all GCITC functions, and day-to-day business operations, in adherence to related Augusta University policies
- Ensures services agreed to with GCITC tenants are provided in accordance with lease agreements
- Director of Cyber Academy
- Director of Entrepreneurship
- Director of Sales and Marketing
- A Bachelor’s degree in business or field of study relevant to information and cyber security
- Ten or more years of executive management experience
- Experience in leading process improvement initiatives
- Master of Business Administration degree
- Proven record of transparent and high-integrity leadership
- Knowledge of the cybersecurity industry, key players, trends, and opportunities
- A strong network of contacts within the entrepreneurial ecosystem
- Federal government or military experience
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Hands-on budget management skills, including budget preparation, analysis, decision-making and reporting
- Strong organizational skills including planning, delegating, program development and task facilitation
- Ability to convey a vision of the GCITC’s strategic future to internal and external stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to oversee, collaborate with, and motivate peers, staff, and community partners
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to interface and engage with diverse staff, customers, and community stakeholders
- Strong public speaking ability
How to Apply
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Candidate materials should include a letter of interest and complete curriculum vitae.
Application will be received electronically by Sharon Wingard, Executive Search Consultant, Augusta University at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The final candidate will be required to provide proof of completed academic degree in the form of an original transcript. Those candidates trained by a foreign institution will also be required to provide an educational/credential evaluation.
Augusta University is an AA/EEO/Equal Access/ADA Employer.
Apply for Executive Director, Georgia Cyber Innovation and Training Center
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly