Director, Cyber Workforce Academy
The Hull McKnight Georgia Cyber Innovation and Training Center (CITC) has been created to be a state asset serving all business and industry through a unique public/private partnership. It is the single largest investment in a cybersecurity facility in the nation to date. The $60 million Georgia Cyber Center will help to fill the current and growing shortage of cybersecurity talent in the state and nation. This partnership that includes Augusta University, Augusta Technical College, the University System of Georgia’s research institutions, the City of Augusta, the Georgia Bureau of Investigation, and other state, federal and private-sector partners working together to meet this workforce demand and to innovate, train and strengthen defenses.
The state-of-the-art Center is located in the growing cybersecurity corridor in Augusta, Georgia, that is also home to the U.S. Army Cyber Command and Cyber School of Excellence at Fort Gordon. The Center is located on the downtown campus of Augusta University and will house the newly created School of Computer and Cyber Sciences.
In partnership with Augusta University and Augusta Technical College, the Center will be linked to certificate programs, undergraduate and graduate level programs in cybersecurity and cyber sciences. Offerings will include both on-site and virtual courses. The Georgia Cybersecurity Workforce Academy will offer training for state and local government information security professionals.
Reporting to the GCITC Executive Director, the Director is responsible for organizing and packaging the education and training offerings from all partners who are content providers into coherent workforce development programs to meet client needs and ensure the Georgia Cyber Innovation and Training Center fulfills the vision of being the hub of the state’s cyber workforce development. The Director will work with the GCITC team and critical stakeholders when developing the workforce development plans and packages. The Director will be a key liaison between the Cyber Range and Sales & Marketing to ensure content is bundled from one or more GCITC partners into coherent workforce development programs and act as a catalyst for the development of new content by appropriate subject matter experts when needed. The Director will coordinate the delivery of defined workforce development programs through the GCITC facilities in face-to-face and remote delivery modes. The Director will also develop schedules, coordinate delivery with building operations and content instructors, and review client feedback and assessments using the results to incorporate into planning for future program delivery.
Duties and Responsibilities
Mission and Strategy
Works with key stakeholders to ensure that workforce development programs align with the GCITC vision and mission.
- Defines mission and goals for the Georgia Cyber Workforce Academy in alignment with the GCITC vision and strategic plan.
- Leads efforts to accomplish the Academy’s stated goals and achieve intended outcomes.
Works with key stakeholders to create a collaborative environment where the capabilities and needs of partners and customers are recognized and considered in planning and operational decisions fulfill the mission of the GCITC.
- Provides leadership toward achievement of the highest possible level of excellence in instruction
- Represents the Cyber Workforce Academy to internal and external audiences
- Works closely with the respective academic leadership who offer the credit bearing courses and degrees.
Promotion and Advocacy
Creates and maintains appropriate course content catalogs in conjunction with identified providers and acts as the Registrar for workforce development programs.
- Works with the content providers to align coursework with client needs.
- Prepares annual and periodic Cyber Workforce Academy curriculum delivery plans, inclusive of schedule, staffing, pricing, promotion, and administration
- Responsible for business development and execution for Cyber Workforce Academy coursework and services
- Leads the development and implementation of coursework assessments and works with content providers to incorporate assessment results into continuous improvement planning.
- Maintains awareness of industry recognized cybersecurity certifications and in coordination with CITC academic partners leads the effort to build out a well-rounded curriculum
- Works closely with Augusta University and Augusta Tech to connect, identify, and enhance synergies between coursework and degree programs with training and certifications provided by the Cyber Workforce Academy
- Develops an instructional delivery staffing model inclusive of university and college faculty, and outsourced subject matter expertise to deliver workforce development programs.
- Expertly represents the Cyber Workforce Academy and broader GCITC programs at events to promote our reputation as a reliable resource, with experienced and knowledgeable subject matter experts recognized in their fields in order to enhance recruiting of partners, clients, and instructional faculty.
- Leads discussions related to curriculum relevancy, plans program delivery with curriculum refresh and update needs in mind, and creates opportunities for the expansion of subjects/disciplines provided.
- Develops and coordinates creation of the Cyber Workforce Academy course repository
Operational & Quality Oversight
Oversees and implements appropriate resources to ensure appropriate operation of the CITC Cyber Academy.
- Develops and manages annual Cyber Workforce Academy Budget
- Maintains a working environment that is hospitable and encourages engagement, participation, collaboration, collegiality, and innovation
- Responsible for development of and adherence to principles and best practices of education and training
- Collaborates with CITC education partners to evaluate curricula, instructors, and external partners to improve courses and ensure course offerings are of high quality and align with the CITC mission
- Conducts, or provides input into performance reviews for Cyber Workforce Academy faculty
- Facilitates a professional mentorship attitude and environment throughout the Cyber Workforce Academy
- Responds to feedback and concerns regarding Cyber Workforce Academy coursework and evaluations, and develops remediation plans
- Experience in creating cyber training, and competitions (including offense & competition, detection & defense, response & recovery, product development & testing, evaluation & benchmarking)
- Experience with the NIST cybersecurity framework
- A Master’s degree in Cybersecurity, Computer Science, Information Technology, or a field of study relevant to information and cybersecurity or a Bachelor’s degree with additional years of relevant experience
- Relevant professional certifications such as CISSP, CISM, etc.
- Ten or more years of managerial or academic administration experience
- Three or more years of experience teaching in a related content area
- A record of scholarship in a discipline related to business or technology
- Experience in leading process improvement initiatives
- A tenured faculty appointment with an accredited college or university
- Industry experience in cybersecurity, information security, or risk management
- Certified cybersecurity trainer
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Strong organizational skills including planning, delegating, program development and task facilitation
- Demonstrated knowledge of cybersecurity industry and practice
- Demonstrated ability to oversee, collaborate with, and motivate peers, staff, and community partners
- Demonstrated organizational skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated fluency in NIST/NICE framework
- Knowledge of cybersecurity certifications such as CISSP, CISM or other relevant industry certifications
How to Apply
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Candidate materials should include a letter of interest and complete curriculum vitae.
Application will be received electronically by Sharon Wingard, Executive Search Consultant, Augusta University at email@example.com.
The final candidate will be required to provide proof of completed academic degree in the form of an original transcript. Those candidates trained by a foreign institution will also be required to provide an educational/credential evaluation.
Augusta University is an AA/EEO/Equal Access/ADA Employer.
Apply for Director, Cyber Workforce Academy
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly