POSITION SUMMARY/PURPOSE OF POSITION:
This position manages a variety of activities, including, but not limited to: budgeting, human resources, accounting, procurement, travel, inventory, ordering, financial forecasting, billing, revenue tracking, and other activities related to the running of the administrative and financial aspects of the Office.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in accounting, business, finance or a related field
- Minimum 5-7 years of experience in finance, accounting, project management, auditing, or other related field
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Proficiency in Excel to prepare and analyze complex spreadsheets
- Highly developed organization skills, ability to multi-task, and attention to detail
- Experience in budgeting, forecasting, reconciliation, and revenue tracking
- Ability to work well individually and as part of a team
- Excellent communication skills and ability to summarize financial information
- Highly organized, proactive, solution-driven, and customer-service oriented individual
- Experience in higher education
- Experience at University of Maryland system (including knowledge of various systems such as KFS, ELF, PHR)
Must be able to attend meetings across campus. Primarily sedentary work. Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. Repetitive motion. Substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers. The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading.
Closing Date: February 16, 2018
Submission: Resume, Cover Letter and List of References via https://ejobs.umd.edu/postings/57647.
The University of Maryland, College Park, an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, complies with all applicable federal and state laws and regulations regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action; all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment. The University is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, age, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, creed, marital status, political affiliation, personal appearance, or on the basis of rights secured by the First Amendment, in all aspects of employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions.