Executive Assistant 2
Executive Assistant 2
Department: Budget & Treasury
Provides administrative support to the Vice President for Finance & CFO and other employees in Hughes Suites #328 and #335. Serves as general office coordinator for both suites. Responsibilities include the coordination of Board of Trustee committee meetings and materials; specialized project support; and other routine assignments. Assists the Vice President and other members of the financial leadership team in aspects of time management including calendar updates, meeting preparation, and communications. Supports the Finance Office division with spreadsheet and computer work, network file management, group emails, third-party communications, and other administrative tasks as assigned. Responsibilities are broad and require sound professional judgment and a high degree of confidentiality. Supervision received: operates under the general supervision of the Vice President for Finance & CFO
The responsibilities described here are representative of those that must be met by the employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
• Serves as the office coordinator for Hughes Suites #328 and #335. Performs general office functions including records maintenance, word processing, copying, telephones, meeting scheduling, parking reservations, and filing. Greets visitors and maintains an organized office including an orderly inventory of office supplies, kitchen supplies, paper and stationary. Coordinates equipment and maintenance agreements, and completes IRS and banking documents. Conducts purchase requisitions and One Card transactions in accordance with university procedures. Serves as a Notary Public and maintains active notary license.
• Assists the Vice President and other members of the financial leadership team in aspects of time management including, but not limited to, calendar updates, meeting preparation, and communications with other offices. Schedules meetings and coordinates meeting materials. Meets regularly with the Vice President to discuss calendar planning and assistance with meeting preparation.
• Performs all administrative duties in support of Board of Trustee Investment, Finance and Audit Committee quarterly meetings. Communicates meeting times and locations to trustees and their assistants; coordinates trustee attendance; assembles, mails and emails meeting materials; and arranges for catering and meeting technology. Attends trustee committee meetings, provides assistance to trustees and other attendees, and records minutes. Posts trustee materials to secure on-line portal in a timely manner, and communicates with President's Office as necessary in the conduct of duties
• Uses Microsoft Excel and Power Point to prepare or edit basic financial spreadsheets and presentations, respectively, upon request. Uses Adobe PDF software and maintains concise network files that store permanent financial information for the university. Supports the Finance Office division with other spreadsheet and computer work, file management, group emails, third-party communications, and miscellaneous administrative tasks as assigned. Regularly communicates workload to Vice President so that other projects can be assigned. Performs special projects including, but not limited to, the coordination of business continuity records, travel and accommodation for campus visitors, completion of forms, and coordination of Finance Office special events.
• Bachelors degree and four years experience in executive administrative support, or high school diploma and six years experience in executive administrative support.
• Candidate must be strong with office technology and hold a minimum four years experience working with computers, Microsoft Office software (specifically Word, Excel and Power Point), Adobe software, printers, and copiers.
• Proficient working knowledge of accounting records, systems, and spreadsheets. Will be required to pass the California certification process for Notary Publics, and maintain an active license.
Has a thorough knowledge of general office practices and procedures. Possesses excellent organizational skills. Keeps a neat working area and maintains orderly records. Takes initiative and exercises resourcefulness. Confidently communicates to trustees, President's Office, bankers, auditors and others in the conduct of business. Consistently displays a professional demeanor and positive attitude. Works autonomously in handling multiple projects at one time with changing priorities. Exercises strong interpersonal skills and maintains cooperative and effective relationships with those contacted in the course of work. Demonstrates strong written and oral communication skills. Explains technical information to a wide variety of individuals. Exercises appropriate judgment in providing advice, answering questions, and releasing confidential information. Travels locally and works evenings or weekends as occasionally needed.
Background check: Successful completion of a pre-employment background check.
Degree Verification Requirement: Persons offered employment in this position will be required to provide official education transcripts for degree verification purposes.
Salary: $23.00 - $28.00 per hour; Excellent Benefits.
The University of San Diego offers a very competitive benefits package, to include medical, dental, vision, a 12% retirement contribution given to you by the University (with three year vesting period), and access to on-campus Fitness Centers. Please visit the benefits section of our website to view all of the perks and benefits that USD has to offer. USD: Human Resources: Benefits
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Closing date: Open until filled
Note: External job postings will be up for at least five days. After that time, applications will be reviewed by the hiring manager/committee throughout the posting period. A candidate may be selected at any time which could then close this posting on a date earlier than listed.
The University of San Diego is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion and is especially interested in candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of the campus community.
The University of San Diego is a smoking and tobacco-free campus. For more information, visitwww.sandiego.edu/smokefree.
Click Apply Now to complete our online application. In addition, you are strongly recommended to upload a cover letter and resume to your application profile for the hiring managers' review. If you have any questions or difficulties please contact the Employment Services Team at 619-260-6806, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org