Academic Advising Director (Academic Affairs/Student Success)
Location: College of Staten Island
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Reporting to the Associate Provost for Undergraduate Studies and Student Success, the Academic Advising Director is responsible for implementing and directing college-wide advisement efforts. The Academic Advising Director oversees supervision, coordination, budgeting and planning in the Center for Advising & Academic Success Office (CAAS) and provides guidance to the development, operation and coordination of academic advisement services. The Director will be a key member of the leadership team in the Office of Undergraduate Studies and Student Success at the College of Staten Island (CSI). S/he will work collaboratively with colleagues throughout CSI to meet the goals of Student Success, including improving retention, ensuring academic momentum, and increasing graduation rates of undergraduate students.
In addition to the duties outlined below in the CUNY Title Overview, the Director’s responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provide vision and leadership to the CSI Advisement Council.
- Informed by and together with the CSI Advisement Council: formulate, monitor, and evaluate academic advising goals and objectives.
- Direct and enhance the operations of academic advising services in the delivery of advising, orientation, and retention programs.
- Supervise professional advisors; lead and oversee professional development opportunities and training for a diverse and professional staff.
- Employ academic advising technology to creatively advance goals of the College.
- Serve as a resource/consultant to Academic Affairs on improvements to advising procedures.
- Direct assessment efforts for academic advising services at CSI to ensure high levels of student satisfaction with advising services.
- Manage program budgets and propose spending plans and allocations as appropriate.
- Compile reports, such as annual, periodic progress, and project evaluation reports, and make recommendations to the Associate Provost as necessary.
- Represents the Office of Academic Advising on college-wide and CUNY committees.
Bachelor's degree and eight years' related experience required.
Master's degree in Higher Education Administration or related field strongly preferred. Expected are college managerial experience and demonstrated ability to effectively interact with a diverse faculty, staff and student population while representing the Center for Advising & Academic Success as well as the Office of Undergraduate Studies and Student Success to internal and external constituents. Strong writing and oral presentation skills are necessary. Knowledge of CUNY, its requirements and regulations, preferred. Proven ability to bring together faculty and staff around projects in academic advisement and knowledge about national best/high impact practices in Student Success as they relate to academic advisement are a plus.
Job Title Name: Academic Advising Director
Higher Education Officer
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Salary commensurate with education and experience.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please visit http://cuny.jobs/ and enter the Job ID# in the “What” section field. Candidates must attach a resume, cover letter, and three professional references (name, title, organization, and contact information) as one file.
April 2, 2018