Healthcare Business Development Specialist - Birmingham, AL

Location
Birmingham, AL
Posted
Feb 02, 2018
Jobs Outside Higher Education
Businesses & Consultants
Institution Type
Four-Year Institution
The position will identify, present and negotiate contracts with area hospitals, corporations, organizations, and community colleges to generate inquiries for recruiting prospective students and for marketing the Chamberlain's online, nursing education programs.

This is a remote position covering the state of Alabama. Local travel encompasses 80% while the other 20% will be working from home.

Responsibilities:

  • Presents partner contracts to prospective organizations, negotiates contracts and nurtures finalized partnerships.
  • Nurtures and maintains relationships with C-Suite partner contacts at finalized partner organizations.
    Secures inquiries via presentations to industry leaders that promote educational programs for potential students.
  • Stays current with trends and initiatives within the healthcare and educational industries, gathers and communicates strategic information and recommends marketing changes or modifications, as appropriate.
  • Produces activity reports on a weekly basis in a clear and concise format.
  • Participates in healthcare organizations in order to promote a positive image of Chamberlain by attending healthcare industry and nursing career fairs, trade shows and conferences for purpose of establishing inquiry generation contacts and to present Chamberlain's educational products.
  • Coordinates and prepares product mailings to the healthcare community.
  • Maintains ongoing communication and coordinates sources with the Clinical Coordination Office.
    Utilizes competent administrative skills by getting tasks done on time and within budget; and completes all standard reports and ad hoc reports, when needed, on time.
  • Ideal candidate will reside in Birmingham, AL.
  • Bachelor's degree, preferably in Business/Sales/Marketing, is required.
  • 5-7 years of successful experience in selling and managing a sales process.
  • 2-3 years of experience selling services or education to the healthcare industry and hospital management companies.
  • Strong relationships in the hospital management industry are a big plus.
  • Highly motivated, self-driven, result-oriented, strategic, logical and methodical thinker.
  • Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
  • Ability to inspire loyalty and trust and is flexible and adaptable.
  • A team player who is willing to share and exchange ideas for success.
  • Ability to make ethical decisions, always doing what is best for the students and the company.
  • Strong time management skills.
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. Thank you for applying for this outstanding opportunity today.

INDEED1

PI101056252