When Bay Path opened its doors to students in downtown Springfield, MA in 1897, it had a very clear goal: to provide a practical, affordable, and career-oriented education to meet the needs of companies, organizations, and communities. From the beginning, Bay Path prided itself on being entrepreneurial, constantly pushing the boundaries of the academic experience to fit the student. To start them on the road of success. We still do.
Today, that spirit and philosophy is more important than ever in higher education. At Bay Path, it's not just the number and breadth of undergraduate and graduate programs that defines us-and we have many-but it is our ability to connect the classroom to learning to leadership to experience to career that is at the core of what we do best. We know the work that needs to be done.
Bay Path University, an independent and not-for-profit institution, was named Among Fastest Growing Baccalaureate Colleges by the Chronicle of Higher Education Almanac, and is a member of the Women's College Coalition. With a main campus in Longmeadow, MA and four satellite locations, (East Longmeadow, Sturbridge, Concord, Springfield), Bay Path offers undergraduate, graduate (for women and men) degrees, and professional certificates.
We're committed to preparing our students to navigate a constantly changing world. Whether it is one of our innovative academic programs, groundbreaking online learning platform, or through our Women as Empowered Learners and Leaders initiative, we educate our students in ways that will help them to grow, learn to adapt, and always to flourish. Be part of the change.
We invite you to visit our website at www.baypath.edu where you can learn more about Bay Path University.
- Position Code: HSKPR
- Job Type: Full Time, Temporary
- Hours: 5:30 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
- Schedule: Monday through Friday
- Position Location: Longmeadow, MA
Performs all tasks associated with creating and maintaining cleanliness and neat appearance of all University buildings.
- Clean all areas of University buildings including, computer rooms, classrooms, common areas, lounge areas, offices, lobbies, meeting rooms, recreational areas, locker rooms and specific areas within residence halls and other areas as assigned.
- Clean and disinfect lavatories and bathrooms, this includes but is not limited to: toilets, sinks, tubs, shower stalls, shower curtains, drinking fountains, floors, walls and mirrors. Replenish lavatory supplies.
- Dust and wash walls, woodwork, mirrors, windows, sills, furniture, ledges, lighting, coat racks, stair railings, etc.
- Organize classrooms and meeting rooms.
- Sweep, vacuum, scrub, mop floors and clean carpet and upholstery as necessary.
- Remove and dispose of waste to designated areas.
- Perform safe clean up, removal, and disposal of blood borne pathogens and other infectious materials.
- Assist in set-up and break-down of events as required.
- Attend trainings as required.
- Performs other job related duties as requested by the University.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Ability to stand, walk and/or sit and continuously perform essential job functions.
- Ability to grasp, lift and/or carry or otherwise move heavy objects.
- Ability to walk up and down stairs.
- Perform tasks requiring bending, stooping, kneeling, crawling and walking significant distances between and within University buildings.
- Must be able to reach to perform cleaning duties above shoulders.
- Ability to perform duties in confined spaces, extreme temperature ranges and inclement weather conditions.
- Sufficient manual dexterity in both hands to complete essential job functions with or without accommodation.
- Visual ability corrected, to observe and detect signs of dangerous obstacles and to verify written information either at a distance and/or at close range.
- Must be able to distinguish between colors.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with supervisor and the general public. Must be able to follow instructions and other communications regarding assignments and other matters.
- Audio ability corrected, to hear emergency alerts and other audible alarms.
- This position requires standing and crouching in small, confined areas, pulling, pushing, and lifting equipment, stretching, lifting in excess of 35 lbs, using chemicals, and working in uncontrolled climate areas, carrying large bags of trash and wearing protective gear as required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required.
- Ability to perform essential functions described above.
- Knowledge of use and care of janitorial supplies and equipment.
- Ability to work with cleaning chemicals.
- Ability to move furniture and equipment.
- Must observe rules and regulations and be able to read and write English at a level appropriate to the duties of the position.
- Must be able to follow simple oral and written directions and adhere to safe working practices.
- Prior experience in housekeeping/custodial work preferred.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships within a diverse environment.
- Ability and desire to serve a diverse student population.
- Must be willing to work overtime as required. Must be flexible, trustworthy and use sound judgment at all times.
- Must be able to successfully pass post-offer, pre-employment (POPE) physical and drug testing.
- Valid driver's license.
- Ability to adhere to University policies and procedures.
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion.
- Should be committed to a culture of diversity, respect and inclusion; demonstrated ability to build working relationships with people having a wide variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences different from ones' own.
- General knowledge of the University's mission, purpose, and goals and the role this position plays in achieving those goals.
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Bay Path University is a diverse community devoted to proactively nurturing a campus-wide culture that promotes and ensures respect, inclusion and safety for all members regardless of race, color, national origin, age, gender, religion, sexual orientation and gender identity, socio-economic background, or physical ability. We are one University that opens our hearts and minds to conversations, to learning and to creating a community that is welcoming of all. Regardless of position, it is expected that each employee will embrace this commitment and demonstrate an attitude of respect toward and acceptance of all members of our community.
Applicants for this position should attach a cover letter resume / curriculum vitae, the contact information for four (4) professional, work related references and any other relevant information pertaining to this position and your candidacy. Please apply online. Faxes and emails will not be accepted.
An Equal Opportunity Employer, Bay Path University is committed to fostering diversity in its student body, faculty, and staff.
Bay Path University will become a smoke- and tobacco free community effective July 1, 2018.