Clinical and Field Placement Coordinator, College of Education
Lewis University, a comprehensive, Catholic university located in Romeoville, Illinois, is seeking a full-time, Clinical and Field Placement Coordinator in the College of Education. The coordinator's primary responsibility is working with schools and/or school districts to arrange formal field based placements for College of Education graduate and undergraduate students.
Lewis University, sponsored by the De La Salle Christian Brothers, is a vigorous and growing institution located 25 miles SW of Chicago. Lewis University provides students a liberal arts-based and career-focused education, engaging students in the exploration and creation of academic, professional and personal opportunities in a supportive community. As a Catholic university in the Lasallian tradition, our approach is values-based and ethically-focused. For additional information see our website at http://www.lewisu.edu.
- Coordinate and assign Placements for field and clinical experiences across initial and advanced licensure programs: contact personnel in schools and other professional settings, review and act on candidate status and requirements for diversity of placements, establish and maintain an effective timeline for ensuring placements;
- Represent the University effectively in the role of liaison between the College of Education and the P-12 schools and wider community: Actively maintain working relationships with personnel in schools and other professional settings, facilitate communication and collaboration with relevant stakeholders, attend Chicago Area Directors of Student Teaching (CADST) meetings and other meetings relevant to the duties of the position;
- Collaborate with Division chairs, Program Directors, the Director of Partnerships, the Data Manager, and the Dean's office: Participate in meetings, communicate and work collaboratively with faculty and staff, anticipate needs and propose solutions, work collaboratively to improve processes and ensure completion of projects and duties;
- Initiate, track, review, and monitor status of undergraduate and graduate placements and all associated paperwork including fingerprinting, request letters, notifications to students.
- Manage the documentation, paperwork, and stipends related to clinical placements, field experiences, mentor teacher professional development, and other items needed for accreditation and compliance: Prepare and assist with reports and data management; create, adapt, manage, and monitor forms and appropriate documents; manage requisitions and delivery of payment for mentors in the field; maintain relevant candidate records;
- Use and maintain diversity data for candidates to assure they have had experiences in diverse environments.
- Work in conjunction with Program directors to prepare files and items needed for full admission to the COE and student teaching.
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor's degree with exceptional experience. Experience in working in school settings. Able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing. Proficient in Microsoft Excel, other computer applications, and data retrieval from the university data management system. Willing to adapt to changes in programs and to learn and use new software. Able to take initiative and see projects through without direct supervision. Strong organization and communication skills.
Preferred Qualifications: Master's degree.
To be considered and for a full description please visit, http://jobs.lewisu.edu/postings/3020
Lewis University, is an equal opportunity employer, and is committed to diversity. Inspired by the University's Mission values of Wisdom, Knowledge, Justice, Fidelity and Association, the Lewis Community declares that Lewis is a Sanctified Zone where people are committed to working to end racism, bias and prejudice by valuing diversity in a safe and nurturing environment.
Lewis University, sponsored by the De La Salle Christian Brothers, is an equal opportunity employer, and is committed to diversity. Applicants of a diverse background are highly encouraged to apply, however applications will only be accepted from individuals currently authorized to work on a full-time basis in the United States.