Curry College is accepting applications for two full-time Community Directors.
The Community Director is an integral member of the residence life and housing program that is evolving and focusing on creating a dynamic living and learning environment for our 1600 resident students. The Community Director will need to be an enthusiastic student-centered, professional who can work independently in a residential area of up to 350 residents and be part of a team of dedicated professionals that works towards creating a vibrant community across the Curry campus. Community Directors supervise and provide a leadership opportunity for 9-12 student resident assistants. These are full-time, 12-month, live-on campus positions.
Areas of responsibility include, but are not limited to:
Residential Life & Program Administration:
- Strong understanding of student development and theory, and demonstrated application of that in a residential environment;
- Oversee day-to-day administration of their assigned residential area of up to 350 beds consisting of student concerns, community events, staff, facility and public safety concerns, damage billing and education, etc.;
- Provides student advising, mediation and referral to campus resources when appropriate;
- Supervise the social & educational programming efforts of resident assistants in their area by supporting and evaluating these programs;
- Maintain a presence within your residential area as well as throughout the greater Curry community;
- Educate resident students on college policy and community expectations;
- Work with the Associate Director of Housing Operations to maintain up-to-date housing assignment information and assists with the necessary paperwork for room assignments and changes;
- Responds, manages and follows up on crises or emergencies within the residential community;
- Collaborate with residence life central office staff and other key departments (Buildings and Grounds, Public Safety, Student Conduct) to maintain residential facilities that are safe and comfortable for personal and academic success;
- Demonstrated ability to foster productive relationships with various campus groups: Students, faculty, staff, and families;
- Maintain a professional relationship with students assigned to the designated living area, offering assistance and support through regular student contact and conducting wellness checks upon request;
- Serve as a Student Conduct Hearing Officer and meet with students that may have violated college policy.
- Serve in the Residence Life On-Call rotation to respond to residential emergencies dealing with student behavior, mental health emergencies, and other situations which require an immediate response. It is necessary for the Community Director to have a valid driver’s license access for the purpose of emergency duties.
Resident Assistant Staff:
- Recruit, interview, hire, and mentor 9-12 Resident Assistants as needed and approved.
- Assist with the training and on-going development of the student resident assistant staff.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree is required (Master’s degree in related field is preferred).
- One to two years of professional experience working in a residence hall environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to effectively deal with a variety of individuals.
- Valid driver’s license and a good driving Record.
- Ability to adapt your personal and professional schedule to the unique demands of residence life and the College’s calendar (opening, closing, breaks, etc.).
Employment in this position is contingent upon the successful completion of all required pre-employment background checks including CORI/SORI and a driving record check.
At the College’s discretion, the education and experience prerequisites may be excepted where the candidate can demonstrate, to the satisfaction of the College, an equivalent combination of education and experience specifically preparing the candidate for success in the position.
Please apply online at: http://www.curry.edu/about-curry/employment/job-opportunities.html for consideration. Interested Applicants must submit a resume, cover letter, and a list of three professional references including complete contact information and professional titles.