Director of Enterprise Infrastructure Services
Under the direction of the Chief Information Officer, the Director of Enterprise Infrastructure Services is the principal network and systems architect and leads the team responsible for the on premise and cloud network, systems, telecommunications, and security. This position will regularly interact with the Director of Support Services and Enterprise Systems Team.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Responsibilities include overall architecture of the on premise and cloud infrastructure, planning, budgeting, implementation, and supporting the technology including but is not limited to: data center, corporate cloud, network and server services, telecommunications, service monitoring, servers, storage and related software and hardware. This position is operationally responsible for ensuring availability, integrity, and protecting enterprise IT systems and infrastructure. The Director of Enterprise Infrastructure Services will be responsible for technical implementation of security policies and procedures as defined by the CIO. The Director will also be responsible for ongoing disaster recovery & business continuity planning.
Network and System Planning and Security:
- Plan, design, install, test, maintain and document network in accordance with industry standards, consulting with others when needed.
- Assist in the design, development, modification, and documentation of network security standards and ensure, with best effort, that all data network resources are secure.
- Responsible for the planning, direction and oversight of the network and IT infrastructure including major upgrades, technology implementations, and system changes.
- Work with business and technology partners to plan and test the disaster recovery plan.
- Manage and review the application redundancy and contingency plan to ensure uninterrupted service to the college.
- Proactively identify common root causes of issues and address to improve overall production stability.
- Responsible for overseeing the staff that handles day-to-day network & server infrastructure technologies.
- Work with application vendors to schedule upgrades and enhancements.
- Provide first hand leadership guidance and management oversight for critical incident resolutions and root cause analysis.
- Use network monitoring and assessment software to identify and address wired and wireless network congestion, security threats and other abnormalities.
- Maintain Internet filtering, spam blocking, and IPS/firewall signature databases, consulting with others when needed.
- Stay abreast of up-to-date networking standards and technology upgrades.
- Develop training plans to enhance technical, analytical and business capability across the team.
- Partner with the Enterprise Systems Team in identifying necessary enhancements and solutions to meeting the processing capacity and stability needs of production.
- Maintain current knowledge of network hardware and software through ongoing training programs and professional certifications.
- Cross train with team members to improve overall administration of systems and applications to ensure efficient and effective delivery of technology resources.
- Promote departmental culture of exemplary customer service though frequent communication, positive relations and prompt support.
- Maintain an effective and positive system of communication between the Technology Center and faculty, staff, administration, and the virtual team of technologists.
Policies and Procedures:
- Maintain confidentiality and integrity of the college network, systems and data.
- Comply with federal and state regulations, college policies and internal procedures.
- Recommend updates to college policies and internal procedures.
- Bachelor’s of Science in technology or related field, or Bachelor’s of Arts plus networking and security certifications required.
- Expert Microsoft Exchange/O365/Azure environment.
- Expert Microsoft Windows Server Administrator.
- Expert of networking environment including wireless, Extreme Networks experience a plus.
- Intermediate enterprise class firewall management, Fortinet experience a plus.
- Intermediate to Expert in all networking functions, routing, DHCP, DNS, AD, etc.
- Intermediate TSQL query skills.
- Intermediate PowerShell scripting knowledge.
Other Requirements of the Job:
- 8+ years related experience, 5+ in direct management of enterprise infrastructures.
- Strong knowledge of administrative systems specific to higher education from both technical and user support perspectives.
- Strong organizational/project management skills.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical procedures to make recommendations for process improvements.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, end-users and staff.
- May be required to work evenings and weekends in response to support and project issues to minimize downtime during production hours and to respond to emergencies.
- Master’s degree; 10+ years related experience, 5+ in direct management of enterprise infrastructures, preferably at college or university; 1-3+ in managing a small team of engineers.
- Certifications: VMWare, Routing & Switching, Policy Compliance & Vulnerability Management, security.
At the College’s discretion, the education and experience prerequisites may be excepted where the candidate can demonstrate, to the satisfaction of the college, an equivalent combination of education and experience specifically preparing the candidate for success in the position.
Employment in this position is contingent upon the successful completion of all required pre-employment background checks.
Please apply online at: http://www.curry.edu/about-curry/employment/job-opportunities.html for consideration. Interested Applicants must submit a resume, cover letter, and a list of three professional references including complete contact information and professional titles.