Coordinates the collection of past-due accounts (35%)
• Prepares and sends past-due notices.
• Sends semester notices before payment deadlines
• Sends accounts to third-party collections agency
• Writes-off accounts
Records payments (10%)
• Collects and enters payments from students, collection agency, and third parties
Maintains and updates a variety of financial records (35%)
• Prepares monthly and annual aging reports
• Compares daily trial balances.
• Journalizes monthly recoveries and reserves
• Enters journal data for accounts payable.
Performs a variety of related duties (20%)
• Creates maintains third-party contracts.
• Back up to prepare daily deposits.
• Maintains student study abroad records.
• Manages the monthly grant billing and reconciliation process
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES AND/OR COMPETENCIES REQUIRED BY THEPOSITION
• Knowledge of Board of Regents business policies.
• Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and Governmental Accounting Standards Board (GASB) guidelines.
• Knowledge of college policies and procedures.
• Knowledge of collections processes.
• Knowledge of computers and job-related software programs.
• Skill in decision making and problem solving.
• Skill in interpersonal relations and in dealing with the public.
• Skill in oral and written communication
• Associates degree
• More than one year of related experience
• Prior experience working with collections agencies
• Collection experience in a higher education setting
• Prior supervisory experience
• Associate degree with concentration in accounting or accounting certificate/diploma from an accredited institutions