Business Data and Reporting Analyst, Level 1
Under supervision, provides and/or oversees expert end-user support by proficiently and accurately inputting, auditing, and reporting on information in CUNYfirst (i.e., PeopleSoft). CUNYfirst is the City University of New York's Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) Oracle/PeopleSoft system used to capture and maintain the University's student administration, human resources and finance functions.
This position differs from an Information Technology position in that an incumbent in an Information Technology position provides hardware support, software programming and networking, systems planning, and/or technological troubleshooting while a Business Data and Reporting Analyst is a highly skilled end-user of CUNYfirst. There are 4 levels of this title. Related duties may be assigned as needed.
Levels 1 and 2 are non-exempt from FLSA. Levels 3 and 4 are exempt from FLSA.
This job is in CUNY's Classified Civil Service. The full specification is available on our web site at http://www.cuny.edu/about/administration/offices/ohrm/hros/classification/ccsjobs.html
Business Data and Reporting Analyst
CAMPUS SPECIFIC INFORMATION
Reporting to the Enrollment Registrar Director at Hunter College, in addition to the duties listed in the CUNY Title Overview, the Business Reporting and Data Analyst will be responsible for but not limited to:
- Input student data regarding change of majors, minors, concentrations, and other Registrar-related information into CUNYfirst.
- Maintain confidential, electronic, and other Registrar-related records.
- Process requests for registration changes, registration appeals, and maintaining matriculation into CUNYfirst.
- Assist with collection and processing of transcript requests.
- Process enrollment certifications and verifications in CUNYfirst and the National Student Clearinghouse.
- Investigate and resolve issues involving missing/inaccurate information in CUNYfirst and National Student Clearinghouse.
- Create and maintain forms and databases for Registrar policies and procedures.
- Run queries to get data from CUNYfirst to correct/update CUNYfirst. Create and revise spreadsheets from data obtained from queries.
- Possession of a High School Diploma or GED.
- Demonstrated English language proficiency, including the ability to speak, read, write, and understand English well enough to meet minimally acceptable performance standards set for the job tasks.
- One (1) year of related full-time experience utilizing PeopleSoft computer software technology. CUNY considers full-time experience to be 35 hours per week. Experience that is less than full-time and more than 20 hours per week can be prorated at 50% (e.g., two month's related work experience at 20-35 hours per week equate to one month's full-time related work experience.)
This title has four levels. To qualify for Levels 2 - 4, additional qualifications, such as education, experience, or certification relevant to the area of specialization are required. The full specification is available on our web site at http://www.cuny.edu/about/administration/offices/ohrm/hros/classification/ccsjobs.html
New Hire: $35,964* Incumbent: $40,639 *This amount reflects a 13% salary suppression in effect for the first 24 months of employment only.
CUNY offers a comprehensive benefits package to employees and eligible dependents based on job title and classification. Employees are also offered pension and Tax-Deferred Savings Plans. Part-time employees must meet a weekly or semester work hour criteria to be eligible for health benefits. Health benefits are also extended to retirees who meet the eligibility criteria.
HOW TO APPLY
Click on the "Apply Now" button and follow the application instructions. Please have your curriculum vitae/ resume and scholarly interest or cover letter with names and contact information of 3 references available to attach into the application before you begin. Please note that the required material must be uploaded as ONE document. The document must be in .doc, .docx, .pdf, .rtf, or text format- and name of file should not exceed ten (10) characters. Incomplete application packages will not be considered.
Open until filled with review of applications to begin February 9, 2018.
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Information Technology/Technical
Job Title: Business Data and Reporting Analyst, Level 1 (Registrars, Division of Student Affairs)
Job ID: 18158
Location: Hunter College
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.