The Recruiting Supervisor is responsible for managing a small team of Recruiters. They will be responsible for the development of their team by developing strong Recruiters and increase the value added by the team members. This person will work closely with the leadership for all the client groups they manage to ensure recruiting goals and objectives are met as driven by the university and overall growth. The Recruiting Supervisor ensures professional and productive relationships exist with external employment contacts and agencies. Additionally, the Supervisor supports the development of the recruitment process and the implementation of innovations.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manages and develops a team of Recruiters that includes:
- Conducts regular one-on-one development conversations with each team member
- Coordinates and leads team meetings
- Achieves recruiting results through inspiring, developing, motivating and recognizing team members
- Addresses performance gaps and behavioral concerns on a timely basis
- Provides ongoing developmental feedback and writes annual performance reviews
- Manages and measures work loads by assigning and coordinating team resources.
- Helps design and maintain the recruitment process in the areas of Mentoring for specific colleges
- Identifies, develops, and implements training programs as appropriate for team
- Collaborates with the People and Talent Business Partners on meeting hiring needs and understanding talent gaps
- Provides leadership through effective goal setting, delegation, and communication.
- Completes ad hoc projects as assigned.
- Ensures recruiting plans, strategies, and polices are consistent with established university-wide goals
- Develops and maintains strong working relationships with senior management, department heads and hiring managers to create a successful partnership with predictable results and credibility
- Researches new products, technologies, and systems to support effective and innovative recruiting and onboarding practices
- Follows trends in the marketplace and determines sourcing and talent acquisition strategies to help grow at an aggressive pace.
- Must be a hands-on working Supervisor; carrying his/her own requisition load.
- Leverages metrics to monitor and enhance the team’s performance
- Assures compliance with all regulatory/legal requirements and university policies
- Influences others and communicates effectively – Communicates to improve and promote teamwork, decision making and problem solving
- Collaboration – Works cooperatively with others across the organization to achieve shared objectives
- Manages ambiguity – Deals comfortably with the uncertainty of change
- Being resilient – Is confident under pressure
- Drive for results – Strong outcomes-based orientation
- Builds effective teams – Forms teams with appropriate and diverse mix of styles, perspectives and experiences
- Organizational learning – Learns quickly when facing new situations
- Excellent understanding of recruiting and staffing processes and strategies and all related legal regulations;
- Knowledge of Western Governors University processes and culture
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND/OR EDUCATION
- Some college preferred
- 3-5 years of full-cycle recruiting experience required that includes, req. management, candidate experience, sourcing and hiring
- Sr Recruiter experience required
- Experience with high-volume recruiting preferred
- Proven track record of establishing, fostering and maintaining stakeholder relationships
Salt Lake City, Utah, United States