Dominican University of California is seeking applicants for several Standardized Patient positions. These part time, seasonal positions will support the Clinical Simulation Center (CSC) in the training and evaluation of health care professionals by portraying patient cases as assigned. A Standardized Patient will participate in training regarding patient cases, portraying a simulated patient during healthcare scenarios, and allowing the learner to perform interviews, counseling and/or physical examinations; all while maintaining case fidelity. This work schedule for this position is highly variable, based upon CSC needs and availability.
- Provide information on availability for potential cases and training sessions in a timely manner and report changes in availability promptly to supervisor.
- Prepare for case training by reading all case materials prior to training event.
- Report to events and training sessions consistently and promptly.
- Participate actively in training sessions as scheduled for assigned cases.
- Demonstrate ability to be instructed by an SP Educator and to master requirements of the job.
- Portray case details during the simulation in a standardized, accurate, and reliable manner based upon written instructions and training.
- Provide feedback to student and/or faculty regarding student performance during and/or after simulation as instructed.
- Complete documentation and/or checklists related to student performance after simulation accurately as indicated in training materials.
- Incorporate suggestions/modifications from supervisor related to case performance or feedback if requested during event.
- Respond professionally to feedback from faculty, staff and students at all times, unless specifically indicated in case materials.
- Complete paper or electronic timesheets and other materials accurately.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Prior acting experience
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Reliability and punctuality
- Flexibility and reliability with scheduling and assignments
- Ability to work with learners, faculty and staff in a respectful manner
- Ability to read, write and complete paper and electronic documentation in a timely manner
- Proficient in Microsoft Word
- Ability to learn software applications such as Simulation IQ and those necessary for processing of timesheets
- Commitment to the education of health professionals
- Lack of bias towards the healthcare system
- Willing to be audio and videotaped during simulation
- Prior Standardized Patient experience
Additional Position Information
- Applications will be considered on an ongoing basis until all positions are filled
- Must be willing to consent to a background check
Dominican University of California is an independent, international, learner-centered university of Catholic heritage, offering both undergraduate and graduate programs. Dominican has a 1:11 teacher-to-student ratio, an average class size of 15, with a small-town feeling in a park-like campus. We blend interdisciplinary core courses, real-world studies, and small classes with close and supportive academic advising and mentoring.
- Link to apply: https://dominican.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/careers
- Upload your resume/CV in the resume/CV section
- For further questions on the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Dominican University of California is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to excellence through diversity, and takes pride in its multicultural environment. We are committed in thought, word, and deed to recruiting and retaining a workforce that values the diversity of its student body. The University actively promotes an institutional culture that practices equity and inclusion. We strongly encourage applications from members of all under-represented groups in higher education.