Final Filing Date: 02-28-2018
Under general direction of the Director of Audit and Management Advisory Services, the Manager position is responsible for managing and leading Audit and Management Advisory Services projects for UC Davis. Assignments will encompass all departments, administrative units, programs, and activities including but not limited to:
• Audits of organized units, programs, activities, functional areas, and information systems.
• Investigations of allegations of improper governmental activities and misuse of University resources.
• Consultations and advisory services in response to special requests from management.
• Follow up reviews of management corrective actions from audits, advisory service projects, and investigations.
• B.S. or B.A. Degree or equivalent education and audit experience.
• Knowledge of auditing theory and practices.
• Four or more years of experience evaluating the adequacy and effectiveness of financial and administrative controls, and effectiveness and efficiency of operations.
• Experience identifying risks associated with a specific deficiency and determining cost effective recommendations.
• Experience applying theories and principles of auditing, accounting, fraud investigation, and general and/or health-care administration.
• Skill and ability to effectively establish and assess standards of performance to ensure effective use of audit resources and motivate professional staff to continuously improve and achieve optimal job performance.
• Oral and written communication skills to interact and communicate with all levels of management and staff.
• Proficiency with microcomputers and Microsoft Office software to produce reports, working papers, and correspondence.
• Possession of an applicable professional certification such as the Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), the Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE).
• Masters in Business Administration or a related field.
• Audit experience in a health care environment and/or higher education to perform complex operational (efficiency and effectiveness), financial, and compliance audits in the University's clinical and financial health care organizations (Medical Center, School of Medicine, Primary Care Networks, and Student Health Center).
• Audit or consulting experience in information technology to perform complex information technology and integrated audit projects including but not limited to data centers, operating systems, telecommunications, networks, disaster recovery, purchased systems, software applications, and compliance with Information Technology standards and security.
• Problem-solving skills that provide innovative and practical solutions and their effective implementation to assist in mitigating institutional risk.
• Skill to represent the institution with federal and state agencies challenging the allowability, reasonableness, and allocation of costs.
• Experience with human behavior theory, and planning, budgeting, organizational and project control theory and methods.
• Advanced knowledge of theory and accepted principles and practices of auditing, accounting, management, information technology and investigatory techniques.
To view full job description and submit an on-line application visit UC Davis Career Opportunities at
Requisition number #03020785
The University of California, Davis is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer