Assistant Director-Course Materials & Intellectual Content
This position oversees all aspects of course materials and intellectual content related business for all University Stores entities. It will manage staff, policy, and processes associated with the acquisition of faculty adoptions, procurement and control of course material inventory, rental programs, book buyback programs, text floor operations, course materials overstock returns, course materials affordability initiatives, campus outreach, Amazon sales, online sales, and more.
Assistant Director-Course Materials will interact with the Manager-Course Materials, Course Materials Coordinators, Associate Director, Director, Operations Manager, Accounting staff, Warehouse staff, and a variety of Student Assistant employees, faculty members, and vendor representatives.
This position will advise and counsel the Director and Associate Director, the Course Materials Department staff, faculty members, and any other groups or entities seeking information regarding course materials and/or intellectual content related matters.
This position has overall supervisory authority over the Assistant Manager-Course Materials, multiple Course Materials Coordinators, Lead Associate(s), and numerous Student Assistants.
The Assistant Director-Course Materials will have both hiring and firing authority for any staff under their direct supervision.
Kennesaw State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and/or veteran status.
Bachelor's degree and 3+ years of related work experience OR 7+ years related work experience.
- Bachelor's degree in management or related field preferred
- 5 year's related work experience preferred
- Certified Collegiate Retailer certification
- Experience using the MBS ARC system (or similar text management system)
- Experience with Banner
- Familiarity with digital course materials and products and services provided by vendors such as VERBA & RedShelf
- Experience managing rental programs and order fulfillment programs.
- Working knowledge of the textbook and course materials industry
- Experience working in a college retail environment