Programmer – Student Information Systems
Announcement is hereby made for a full-time, Specialist I position in the Office of Information Technology in Selden.
Suffolk County Community College is an open admissions institution committed to serving a diverse student population in a variety of degree and career programs.
This is a Unit III position covered under the Faculty Association of Suffolk County Community College collective bargaining agreement with the College.
The Specialist I will report to the Associate Director of Enterprise Applications and will primarily support the analysis, development, integration, ongoing maintenance and operation of the College’s Student Information Systems (SIS) comprised of: Ellucian’s Banner ERP; Luminis 5 Portal; Degree Works; and other ancillary systems.
Specific responsibilities are as follows:
• Provide IT technical support to Student Affairs as it relates to the College’s SIS;
• Analyze, research, troubleshoot and resolve issues related to SIS functionality;
• Gather and document functional requirements, and translate requirements into solutions that support Student Affairs processes and priorities and provides a high quality user experience;
• Provide enhancements and extensions to the baseline Banner Student module capabilities through the use of various programming languages and tools including PL/SQL and Argos;
• Provide research and analysis for enhancement and optimization of SIS business processes through investigation of existing and emerging baseline software functionality;
• Collaborate with Student Affairs, College IT staff, SICAS and SUNY cohorts and third party vendors to provide IT solutions based on documented functional requirements;
• Develop and manage effective working relationships with Student Affairs, other departments, groups and personnel with whom tasks and assignments must be coordinated;
• Serve as a member of the Banner Users Group
• Research and coordinate upgrades, releases and patches to the Banner Student module;
• Coordinate the development of test plans and user acceptance testing with regard to the implementation upgrades to the Banner Student module and other third party software solutions such as: SARS; Academic Works; Purple Briefcase; Credentials; and Degree Works;
• Provide periodic status reports to College Administration with regard to assigned projects, tasks and other designated responsibilities;
• Other duties as assigned by the Associate Director of Enterprise Applications.
A Master’s degree with at least 20 undergraduate or graduate credits in computer science or a related major, as well as 4 years of full-time professional experience, preferably in higher education. Alternately, a Bachelor’s degree with comparable credit requirements and 2 additional years of full-time technical work experience. Work experience must pertain to the support of an enterprise-wide service that includes: system analysis; development; end-user collaboration; and responsibility for independently analyzing issues and researching and implementing solutions.
Applicants must also be proficient in SQL procedural programming and reporting techniques and able to demonstrate a significant knowledge of Oracle or similar relational databases. Preference will be given to applicants with experience with Ellucian’s Banner ERP or comparable higher education Enterprise Information Systems (EIS).
Click on the following link:
Select position #17-88 and read the description.
Click Apply Online to submit resume and cover letter.
The New York State Retirement and Social Security Law requires retirees of a public pension plan within the State or City of New York to disclose prior public employment and pension plan history for the purpose of establishing a retiree’s eligibility for employment.