Dean of the Jandoli School of Communication
St. Bonaventure University (www.sbu.edu) is accepting nominations and applications for the position of the Dean of the Jandoli School of Communication. Reporting to the Provost, the Dean will oversee two undergraduate majors (journalism and strategic communication) and two graduate programs (integrated marketing communication and strategic leadership). Additionally, a third graduate program in feature film production is under review with the New York State Department of Education.
Rooted in a tradition of professional experience and engagement, and a history that includes six Pulitzer-winning alumni, the Jandoli School has emphasized curriculum growth and innovation in recent years. The University is undergoing a dynamic renewal of vision with the inauguration of its 21st president, Dr. Dennis DePerro. The Dean of the Jandoli School will work to align the school’s strategic direction and goals with the University’s Strategic Priorities. The successful candidate will move the school to ACEJMC accreditation by 2019.
Responsibilities (including, but not limited to):
- Ensure a high-quality faculty and student body
- Manage the school’s financial matters, including the budget and fundraising in an upcoming university-wide capital campaign, which may include development of a new physical space for the jandoli school
- Oversee ongoing development of the curriculum
- Work with an established advisory council
- Cultivate relationships with alumni and industry influencers
- Participate in professional organizations and in university and school-specific events
- Participate on committees and in strategic planning for the university
- Advocate for fostering diversity and inclusion in the jandoli school’s curriculum and its recruitment of future faculty and staff
- Lead and support a faculty that engages in interdisciplinary teaching and research and that remains current in their fields through ongoing professional and creative endeavors
- An appropriate advanced degree
- At least ten years of experience working in a communication field
- Prior college teaching experience, including online
- An understanding of the changing landscape of communication education
- Experience in a leadership role
St. Bonaventure University, founded in 1858, is a Franciscan university in southwestern New York State approximately 75 miles south of Buffalo. It has approximately 2,000 undergraduate and 500 graduate enrolled students. The Jandoli School of Communication is named after its founder, Russell J. Jandoli, a former journalist who emphasized strong writing and ethical responsibility, which remain the school's core values. The school has approximately 200 undergraduate and 80 graduate students. There are eleven full-time and approximately 15 part-time faculty members, one chief engineer and two staff.
St. Bonaventure University is being assisted by the partners of Hyatt - Fennell. Nominations and application materials should be submitted via email to [email protected] Please specify the position in the subject line. Applications include a letter of interest, a current résumé/cv, and contact information for five professional references and should be submitted in separate documents. Applications will be reviewed as they are received and should be submitted prior to February 23, 2018 to receive full consideration. All applications and nominations will be considered highly confidential.
For more information contact:
Cheryl Hyatt - 724-242-0476
St. Bonaventure University is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to fostering diversity in its faculty, staff and student body, and strongly encourages applications from the entire spectrum of a diverse community. In light of its commitment to create and maintain a safe learning and working environment, employment with St. Bonaventure University requires successful completion of a background screening. Unless otherwise provided by law, a criminal record will not automatically disqualify an individual from employment.