Full-Time Faculty, Tenure Track, Welding, Instructor
Engages students in the teaching/learning process in both traditional and distance formats; works assigned schedule, participates in College committee work, assists with recruiting and academic advising, represents the College in the community, and performs other related duties as required. Assists in establishing curricular goals and objectives, mentors adjunct instructors in subject area, and recommends candidates for adjunct instructor openings, and assists with the College Credit Plus process.
Position Contingent on Funding
Work Schedule: 30 hours/week on campus
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Plans and teaches courses which fulfill the current curriculum goals and objectives.
Assures consistency in the planning, preparation, and administration of the course content, syllabus, outlines, and other teaching materials for courses and lab experiences. Works effectively with students and challenges students appropriately with an acceptable level of civility and discourse.
Employs appropriate assessment techniques to measure student performance in achieving course goals and objectives. Collects, reports, and maintains assessment documentation.
Assesses curriculum in assigned program or discipline and recommends needed changes.
Attends meetings with other assigned course instructors for assessment planning and evaluation of course and program effectiveness.
Determines and submits students' attendance and grades in accordance with established College policies and procedures. Communicates progress in the course to students in a timely manner.
Works with advising staff to make sure the program is understood. Assists with student advising. Recruits students for the welding program.
Works to establish outreach and co-ops with businesses within the field/concentration area.
Provides guidance and expertise to other programs and adjunct faculty in accordance with the faculty member's current rank. Works with a high degree of morale and satisfaction with those engaged in doing the work.
Maintains posted office hours in accordance with departmental and College policies.
Maintains and oversees lab facility and equipment
Participates in activities that enhance professional skills and development. Demonstrates continuing professional development as an educator and participates in the faculty evaluation processes. Demonstrates knowledge of current trends in assigned program or discipline. Remains current with subject matter and instructional methodology. Actively engages business and industry partners to assure program learning outcomes meet their expectations.
Works in collaboration with other departments on cross-discipline projects.
Participates effectively in campus councils, committees, task forces, or work groups. Conducts regular advisory board meetings. Participates in departmental meetings.
Supports the mission and strategic priorities of the program, division, and College. Actively participates in community organizations, service groups, or events sponsored by the campus for the community.
Attends meeting with other assigned course instructors for assessment planning and evaluation of course and program effectiveness.
Other Skills and Abilities: • Ability to effectively communicate one-on-one, in small groups, and in classroom situations
• Proficient in word-processing and presentation software, internet, and e-mail
• Proficient with learning management systems
• Demonstrated ability to work with a diverse group of students
• Capability to teach in more than one discipline
• Demonstrated ability to advise students
• Effective verbal, written, and listening communication skills
• Effective problem solving skills
• Ability to work a combination of days/evening/weekend schedules
• Experience in distance learning
• Robotics and laser welding experience preferred
• Subscribe to integrated manufacturing approach to instruction.
• Knowledge of current practices in use of technology for instruction.
Required Education and/or Work Experience: • A.A.S. Degree in Welding or related field required. Journeyman card and/or other industry certifications required (i.e. AWS, API). Bachelor's Degree preferred
• Demonstrated proficiency and certifications or the ability to certify in GMAW, GTAW, SMAW, and oxy-fuel gas welding techniques.
• Experienced in industrial training (delivery & development)
• Minimum of two years teaching experience required, preferably at the college level.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
• AWS Certified Welding Inspector (CWI) certification preferred