Full-time Instructor - Accounting/Business
Minimum starting base salary is $43,605 plus a generous benefits package. Salaries may be adjusted higher commensurate with education and experience. Annual faculty contract is nine-months, paid out over 12 months. Summer overload may be available.
Full-time Instructor - Accounting/Business
Full-time, benefited, tenure track position
Beginning August, 2018
Aims Community College at a Glance:
Aims Community College, locally governed, locally funded, is a debt-free and progressive community college with centralized administrative services located on the Greeley Campus, which supports three additional locations. Situated on the front range of the Colorado Rockies, and enjoying 300+ days of sunshine a year, Aims Community College is student success oriented and prepares students for success in more than 200 degree and certificate programs. You are not just a number here at Aims Community College, our wonderful Staff, Faculty, and Administration work as a team to ensure excellent service and offer the most affordable tuition in the front range.
Purpose: Build a Stronger Community
Vision: First Choice - The Recognized Leader in Learning and Student Success
Mission: Provide knowledge and skills to advance quality of life, economic vitality, and overall success of the diverse communities we serve.
2018-2023 Strategic Directions:
Empower Students to Succeed
Enhance Operational Performance
Enrich Northern Colorado Economic Development
Duties and Responsibilities:
Conduct assignments and co-curricular college activities in a manner consistent with the philosophy and purposes of Aims Community College as stated in the school catalog. The primary purpose of the faculty member is to teach. Also responsible for scholarly and creative activities (professional development) and service to the college.
Should have the knowledge/experience necessary to perform the following duties:
1. Teach all levels of accounting courses including principles, payroll, tax, and upper level accounting classes. Teaching assignment may also include a variety of business classes. Be able to interact with students to provide opportunities to learn, create conditions that facilitate learning, and using techniques and methods that create a high probability that learning will occur.
2. Instructional Design Skills - includes technical skills in designing, sequencing, and presenting experiences which promote student learning, and designing, developing, and implementing tools and procedures and procedures for assessing student-learning.
3. Scholarly and Creative Activities (Professional Development) those endeavors related to a faculty member's teaching assignment that contribute to the discovery, dissemination, and practical application of knowledge and/or skill.
4. Service - Assisting the college in meeting the goals and objectives of its mission and strategic plan. The activities that may be required, as appropriate to the faculty member's teaching assignment include the following: Participate in institutional and departmental recruitment and retention activities. Assist in the evaluation and selection of textbooks and other resources and materials in one's assigned area. Serve on department, division, and institutional committees.
5. Fulfill responsibilities of full-time faculty at Aims:
a. Provide effective and high quality accounting instruction using a variety of approaches.
b. Provide competent advising to students seeking a certificate, degree, and/or continuing education and career development opportunities.
c. Professional Development - continuous development in the faculty member's field of expertise and participation in course management software training.
d. Participate in institutional and departmental recruitment and retention activities.
e. Assist in program and curriculum review, revision, and development for the business department.
f. Evidence of ability to maintain positive and professional interpersonal relationships with students, faculty, staff, and administration.
g. Evidence of ability to work as a team member with a genuine spirit of cooperation and flexibility.
h. A willingness to complete training or course work in teaching methods, curriculum development, assessment, or other coursework deemed necessary by the department chair or academic dean.
i. Perform other duties as assigned by the business department chair or academic dean.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a part/full-time basis.
1. Master's degree in Accounting, MBA, or a related discipline from a regionally accredited institution.
2. Must have, or be eligible for a full-time Colorado Vocational Credential in Accounting, Business at the post-secondary level issued by Aims Community College, CTE director.
3. This will require at least two years (4,000 hours) of approved experience in accounting and Marketing/Management. The preference is 8,000 - 10,000 hours of work experience or a combination of work and teaching experience.
4. Ability to teach evening courses, weekend, and/or multiple campus sites.
5. A commitment to the comprehensive community college philosophy including a sincere belief that each individual should be allowed an opportunity to succeed regardless of past experience.
1. Experience in developing curriculum.
2. Excellent communication skills.
3. Excellent human relation skills.
4. Preference will be given to applicants with post-secondary business teaching experience.
5. Previous teaching experience in business.
Monday through Friday, days, evenings, and occasional weekends.
Special Instructions to Applicants
APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS AND INFORMATION
• The Application is the only document that will be utilized to determine if minimum qualifications, as outlined in the job posting, have been met. The Application is considered to be the legal document on file; resumes will not be reviewed for minimum qualification requirements.
• Clearly document job duties performed that relate to minimum qualifications, preferred qualifications, and essential job duties in the "Work Experience" section on the application. We must be able to evaluate your experience based on this information.
• Clearly outline dates of employment and hours worked per week for each employment experience listed in the Work Experience section of the Application so that we can calculate full-time experience.
• If an Application is considered "Incomplete", the application will be removed from consideration for the position.
• An Application is incomplete if no current/ previous employment is included in the Work Experience section of the Application.
• An Application is incomplete if "see resume" (or something similar) is noted, or previous employment does not contain job duties for every position in the Work Experience section of the Application.
• When a resume is listed as a required document, it may be used in the comparative analysis/ evaluation process to determine the candidates that most closely meet the qualifications of the position. This process occurs after an application has passed the minimum qualifications screening. **Please see the "Required Documents" section of the posting.
• Resumes will not be accepted in place of a complete application; however, resumes may still be required as a component of complete application materials
Equal Opportunity Employer
Notice: Aims Community College is an equal opportunity employer. Selection will be based solely on merit and will be without discrimination based on age, sex, sexual orientation, race, religion, national origin, marital status or disability. The goal of Aims is to enhance the diversity present in the district we serve. To comply with Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, if hired you will be required to provide documents within 3 days of hire date to show your identity and your authorization to work. This law applies to all persons hired.
Screening/Selection: All applicants may apply on line at jobs.aims.edu. If you need assistance with this process please contact Human Resources.
Initial screening will be conducted by a committee based on completed application materials.
Please be prepared to submit the following if required:
• Cover Letter addressing qualifications relative to position requirements,
• Diversity Statement (your personal statement on diversity),
• Teaching Philosophy (for faculty positions only) and,
• Transcripts (if applicable). Official transcripts will be required if hired.
o Faculty: Applicants must submit academic transcripts from an accredited institution. Applicants who have degrees from outside of the United States must request a credential evaluation of their transcript. National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (www.naces.org) or Association of International Credential Evaluators (www.aice-eval.org) lists members who may be contacted for assistance in evaluating foreign credentials.
All application materials become the property of Aims Community College. All application materials must be submitted by the closing date posted. The screening committee will select finalists for interviews.
Quicklink for Posting http://jobs.aims.edu/postings/2778
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * For recruitment statistics, please list where you found this job posting.
- Aims Website
- Internal Posting
- Personal Referral
- HigherEdjobs - Diversity and Inclusion
- Denver Post
- Greeley Tribune
- Local Newspaper Ad
- ACCT Executive Search
- Weld County Employment Service
- Other Source
- * What is the highest level of education attained?
- High School Diploma
- Associates Degree
- Bachelors Degree
- Masters Degree
- Professional Degree
- * The application instructions and information section on the application states that you must clearly document job duties performed that relate to minimum qualifications, etc. in the "Work Experience" section on the application. Please acknowledge that you have read and understand what is expected and that the initial review of applications will focus only on what is listed in the Work Experience section and not other required documents such as your resume.
- Yes, I meet the minimum qualifications and have documented this in the Work Experience section.
- No, I do not meet all of the minimum qualifications however I have documented my experience in the Work Experience section.
- Cover Letter
- Copy of Transcripts
- Diversity Statement
- Teaching Philosophy
- Curriculum Vitae
- Other Document