(Full-time) Nurse- Aide Home Health Aide Instructor (Tenure-track)(2- Positions Available)
invites applications for the position of:
(Full-time) Nurse- Aide Home Health Aide Instructor (Tenure-track)(2- Positions Available)
SALARY: $48,359.83 - $83,137.87 Annually
OPENING DATE: 01/30/18
CLOSING DATE: 03/16/18 04:30 PM
DESCRIPTION OF BASIC FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Shasta College is seeking applicants for two (2) Full-Time Nurse-Aide/Home Health Aide Instructors. One of the two positions will have additional duties directing the Nurse-Aide/Home Health Aide program. The additional desired qualifications for this position are listed in the Experience/Education section of this job announcement. Applicants interested in either or both positions must apply via this job announcement. Specific position interest will be determined during the application screening process. Applicants are encouraged to state their preference in a cover letter as well.
Under administrative leadership, it is the responsibility of the regular/contract college instructor to teach classes, to participate in the planning, implementation, and evaluation of educational programs, courses, and other experiences that will directly result in the educational growth of the students and support advancement of the vision, mission, and values of the community college district.
If you are applying for the Instructor/Program Director (1 position) please make sure you meet the minimum qualifications and include all required materials.
CLASSIFICATION:Placement on the current Faculty Salary Schedule is commensurate with previous education and experience.
• This position is contracted for 175if Instructional days per year.
• This position is Instructional faculty.
• Starting Salary: $48,359- $83,137/year
• Salary Range: $48,359 - $102,582/year
• $2,000/year doctorate differential
• State Teachers Retirement System (STRS)
START DATE:This position is anticipated to startthe beginning of the Fall 2018semester.
BENEFITS:Holiday and sick time will be provided.Our competitive benefits package includes medical, dental, and vision insurance provided at a share of cost on a pretax basis and an employee assistance program (EAP).
Employees have the option to contribute to:
• Health Savings Account (HSA)
• 403(b) and 457 Retirement Plans
• Section 125 Plan including Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) and Dependent Day Care Accounts
In addition, employees have the option to purchase:
• Disability Income Insurance
• Cancer Insurance
• Life Insurance
• Accident Only Insurance
• Critical Illness Insurance
For more information regarding Employment and Benefit Policies, please view theFaculty Collective Bargaining Agreement.
SUPERVISOR:Dean of Health Sciences or designee.
TYPICAL DUTIES, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITY:
Responsibilities designated below are primary to the faculty role. Some of the listed professional responsibilities are examples of activities, which are part of the unique role of each faculty member and are reflective of their individual expertise and interests.
• Meet classes/laboratories on days and times as assigned according to the current academic calendar.
• Develop and implement instruction for each class and laboratory period, consistent with the official course outline.
• Develop and distribute during the first week of class, a written syllabus for each course to communicate to students, course objectives, grading criteria and classroom policies.
• Demonstrate respect for student rights as specified in District policy and applicable laws.
• Submit requisitions for textbooks and instructional materials in a timely manner.
• Refer students to tutoring and related student services when appropriate.
• Supervise students in off-campus activities when participation is expected as part of a courserequirement or where such supervision is part of the instructor's load.
• Provide academic assistance and related services to students during scheduled office hours.
Evaluation of Students
• Return assignments and examination results in a timely fashion.
• Assign grades to students in the manner provided by District policy and administrative procedure andprescribed by the Education Code and Title V regulations of the State of California.
• Submit required administrative paperwork, including grade report forms, in a timely and accurate manner.
• Participate in the development and review of curriculum as directed.
• Participate in the development of alternative teaching modalities.
• Participate in required professional development activities.
• Continue to develop professional skills and up-to-date subject matter knowledge, potentially includingparticipation in conferences and research activities.
• Participate in presenting staff development programs as needed.
• Schedule, announce to students in all classes, and maintain office hours.
• Attend and participate in department/center meetings.
• Participate in the process of shared governance through committee work of the department, center,college and/or district level; participate in other significant non-classroom college, district or communityactivities.
• Keep official records required by District policy and administrative procedures and submit them inaccordance with college procedures.
• Participate in supervision of student assistants and paraprofessionals as needed.
• Abide by departmental regulations concerning the proper use, care and security of college equipmentand District property.
• Advise administration of unsafe conditions or potential hazards and recommend solutions.
• Provide administrators, chairs and coordinators with sample instruction materials as may be deemednecessary, such as examinations, lab projects or course syllabuses.
• Participate in advisory committee meetings as required.
• Report absences due to illness or for personal necessity to the dean or designated officer.
• Recommend purchases of instructional supplies and equipment as needed.
• Consult with supervising administrators on personnel needs; assist with position announcements,recruitment and screening/interviewing committees.
• Participate in the evaluation of regular faculty.
• Fulfill all obligations as established in the current collective bargaining agreement.
• Bachelor's Degree with minimum of 2 years professional experience as a licensed nurse in a Long Term Care facility providing direct patient careoran Associate Degree with 6 years of professional experience as a licensed nurse; 2 of whichmusthave been in a Long Term Care facility providing direct patient care.
• Eligible for approval with the California Department of Public Health (CDPH) as Nursing Faculty
• Licensure - Valid, active California RN or LVN License required.
• To qualify as the HHA instructor –
◦ RN with at least two years of experience, with one year full time employment with a Home Health Agency.
• Director of Staff Development (DSD) certification
• Nursing education experience
• Understanding of and commitment to community college teaching.
• Experience in working effectively and sensitively in a multicultural student environment.
• Commitment to utilizing technology in the teaching/learning experience.
• Experience and ability with curriculum development, program improvement, and innovativeteaching methodologies
To be considered a candidate for this position, the applicant must submit the following materials:
Online ApplicationwithAdditional Required Materialsto be attached to application:
• Cover letter addressing criteria listed in the position announcement
• Current resume
• College transcripts (unofficial will be accepted at the time of application)
Attention Internal Applicants:
• Internal candidates must alsosubmit all required materials to be considered.
• Internal candidates cannot attach evaluations OR letters of recommendation from administrators or Board of Trustee members.
After formal application has been made, all application materials will be screened.
• Interviews will be by invitation only.
• Interviews are held on campus. No Skype or Phone Interviews.
• The District does not provide expense reimbursement for those invited to initial interviews.
• The District does not reimburse for new hire moving expenses.
To apply: http://www.shastacollege.edu/Human%20Resources/Current%20Openings/Pages/ApplicantResources.aspx
The Shasta-Tehama-Trinity Joint Community College District ("Shasta College") does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religious preference, age, disability (physical and mental), pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth), gender identity, sexual orientation, genetics, military or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law in admission and access to, or treatment in employment, educational programs or activities at any of its campuses. Shasta College also prohibits harassment on any of these bases, including sexual harassment, as well as sexual assault, domestic violence, dating violence, and stalking.