Assistant/Associate Professor of Criminal Justice
This position is responsible for teaching up to 12 credit hours of undergraduate courses per term in the area of Criminal Justice in face to face, online, and/or hybrid formats; advising and mentoring students; developing needed and appropriate courses; reviewing and planning curricula; serving on committees as needed; and participating in community service and outreach programs on behalf of the department and university.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Teach Criminal Justice courses - face to face, online and hybrid formats
- 12 credit hours (4 courses)
- 10 office hours per week
- Exhibit a strong commitment to the program and the department
- Advise and mentor students
- Develop needed and appropriate courses
- Review and plan curricula
- Doctorate in Criminal Justice or related area with a specialization (minimum 18 graduate hours) in Criminal Justice.
- Considerable experience teaching online and in a traditional classroom setting.
- Documented ability to teach, advise and mentor.
- Documented ability to foster relationships with students and colleagues.
- Personal suitability and motivation for the position.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Evening/night/weekend work may be required
- Climate controlled environment
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to handle or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Applicants are asked to submit a cover letter, resume/CV, copies of unofficial transcripts, and contact information for three professional references.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.