Professor for M.S. in Child Life in Psychology (F685)
Azusa Pacific University is a comprehensive, evangelical, Christian university located 26 miles northeast of Los Angeles, California. A leader in the Council for Christian Colleges & Universities, APU is committed to excellence in higher education. Offering over 80 bachelor's, master's and doctoral programs on campus, online, and at seven regional centers across Southern California, APU has been recognized as one of U.S.News & World Report's Best Colleges for seven years running.
Position Title: Assistant/Associate/Full Professor of Psychology (Clinical Faculty) for M.S. in Child Life in Psychology
Position Tracking Number: F685
School/College: School of Behavioral and Applied Sciences
Location: Azusa Campus
Description: The Department of Psychology seeks a full-time faculty person with specialization in Child Life Science. All applicants must hold Child Life Specialist certification and clinical supervisor qualifications (minimum of 4000 hours patient care). The MS of Child Life Psychology faculty are primarily responsible for teaching course in the area of Child Life, mentoring thesis projects, and advising child life students. Candidates seeking appointment as an Assistant, Associate or Full Professor are also expected to maintain an active research/scholarship program. Child life faculty are fully integrated with the department of psychology faculty, and carry faculty responsibilities as a member of the department. Position subject to final funding.
Specialization: Child Life Specialist certification and clinical supervisor qualifications (minimum of 4000 hours patient care).
- Teaching, mentoring, research/scholarship, university community service.
- Take an active role in CLC and serve as a professional advocate promoting the interests and advancement of CLS as a professional service integral to funded and unfunded health care services to children and families.
- Serve as clinical supervisor to students at local and international service delivery sites where clinical supervision is not provided.
- Participate a full and integral member of the department of psychology faculty.
- Other duties, as assigned by the Chair.
- May be needed to work at alternative Regional Campuses or Sites.
Level: Clinical Faculty or Assistant Professor eligible with M.S. in Child Life, certification as Child Life Specialist required. Associate and Full Professor eligible with Ph.D.
Qualifications: Must possess M.S. in Child Life or affiliated degree, certification as Child Life Specialist and minimum of 4000 clinical hours. Child Life Supervisory and program leadership experience preferred
Experience: Demonstrated breadth and depth of experience in Child Life Services and a strong Christian commitment are required. Previous experience and demonstrated excellence in university teaching and service to a university is desirable. Candidates seeking appointment at Assistant, Associate or Full professor level must demonstrate evidence of scholarly research and publications in the field of Child Life or Psychology.
Workload: Full-time Faculty, 12-month position. Teach undergraduate and graduate courses in the department of psychology, mentor and advise students, conduct research and/or clinical services, and participate in university service and leadership.
Hire Date: August 16, 2018 or Open until filled.
- Ability to integrate Christian values in all aspects.
- Ability to engage in critical thinking and exercise independent judgment.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and manage confidential information.
- Ability to collaborate with other faculty and staff and maintain collegial relations.
- Self starter, ability to communicate effectively in written and oral form.
Candidates must align with Azusa Pacific University's Christian identity. Faculty members are expected to sign a Statement of Faith (available at http://www.apu.edu/about/believe), to adhere to the policies outlined in the Faculty Handbook, and to integrate the Christian faith in teaching and scholarship.
Azusa Pacific University is a Christ-centered, multicultural community that values and seeks faculty and staff who are committed to diversity, work effectively with diverse populations, and engage others in ways that honor our rich cultural mosaic and biblical foundation.
Azusa Pacific University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Azusa Pacific University conducts background checks on all final candidates.
To apply, visit http://www.apu.edu/cp/employment/. Review of applications will begin immediately, and the position will remain open until filled.