Full-time faculty Kinesiology (F125)
Azusa Pacific University is a comprehensive, evangelical, Christian university located 26 miles northeast of Los Angeles, California. A leader in the Council for Christian Colleges & Universities, APU is committed to excellence in higher education. Offering over 80 bachelor's, master's and doctoral programs on campus, online, and at seven regional centers across Southern California, APU has been recognized as one of U.S.News & World Report's Best Colleges for seven years running.
Position Title: Full-time Faculty - Kinesiology
Position Tracking Number: F125
School/College: School of Behavioral and Applied Sciences
Location: Azusa Campus
Description: Full-time faculty position in the Department of Kinesiology. The qualified individual will teach in the Bachelor of Science in Kinesiology major. The Department of Kinesiology is committed to excellence through diversity among its faculty and strongly encourages women and minorities to apply.
Specialization: Exercise Physiology, Kinesiology, Biomechanics, Motor Learning, Research Methods
- Excellent teaching at the undergraduate level in a Christian University setting. Potential courses may include exercise physiology, kinesiology, biomechanics, motor learning and/or discipline-specific writing courses.
- Provide service for the program, department, and university.
- Participate in research that engages students and colleagues in the department and school.
- Engage in discipline-specific faith integration and student mentorship
Level: Faculty level and salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Qualifications: A terminal degree in kinesiology or related field is preferred; ABD candidates and Master's degree will be considered. Candidates should have a strong commitment to quality teaching in a liberal arts undergraduate program and have a desire to conduct research in their area of expertise.
Experience: Preference will be given to candidates with professional expertise and college-level teaching experience.
Workload: Faculty will fulfill 27 units in a 10-month contract. Research units are negotiable.
Hire Date: Open until filled.
- Ability to integrate Christian values in all aspects.
- Ability to engage in critical thinking and exercise independent judgment.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and manage confidential information.
- Ability to collaborate with other faculty and staff and maintain collegial relations.
- Self starter, ability to communicate effectively in written and oral form.
Candidates must align with Azusa Pacific University's Christian identity. Faculty members are expected to sign a Statement of Faith (available at http://www.apu.edu/about/believe), to adhere to the policies outlined in the Faculty Handbook, and to integrate the Christian faith in teaching and scholarship.
Azusa Pacific University is a Christ-centered, multicultural community that values and seeks faculty and staff who are committed to diversity, work effectively with diverse populations, and engage others in ways that honor our rich cultural mosaic and biblical foundation.
Azusa Pacific University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Azusa Pacific University conducts background checks on all final candidates.
To apply, visit http://www.apu.edu/cp/employment/. Review of applications will begin immediately, and the position will remain open until filled.