Assistant Director of Advising Services
The Assistant Director of Advising Services is a 12 month administrative position reporting to the Director of Advising Services. This position is responsible for assisting the Director of Advising Services to help students persist and succeed at Dutchess Community College.
- Assumes director position responsibilities in the director's absence.
- Ability to work Tuesday evenings and occasional weekend events.
- Coordination of part-time advisement staff schedules.
- Completes performance evaluations for part-time advisement staff.
- Supports the director in coordination of academic advising efforts on campus including training of advisors.
- Assists director with developing advisor training materials.
- Supports proactive approach to advising to assure quality advisement for all students.
- Participates in cross-training advisors in transfer services.
- Maintains current knowledge of college curriculum and academic policies and procedures related to academic processes.
- Works directly with students to facilitate their academic planning.
- Provides information and advisement to students regarding, but not limited to, academic choices, admissions, matriculation, advanced standing, curriculum change, second/simultaneous degrees, and graduation.
- Keeps current with technology programs, including; Degree Works, Banner, Starfish, or similar degree audit and early-intervention technology tools.
- Represents the Academic Coaching and Transfer Center for various functions on and off campus.
- Nonvoting member of Curriculum committee to provide advisors with updated curriculum information
- Participates in seminar visits.
- Participates in departmental, divisional, and institutional assessment activities.
- Assumes other duties as assigned by the Office of Academic Affairs.
- Education: Master's Level or Advanced degree in Education, Counseling, Student Affairs, or related field from an accredited college or university.
- Three or more years' experience in advisement, guidance, or other student academic counseling services.
- One or more years of supervisory experience.
- Knowledge of Banner, Degree Works and Starfish is preferred.
To apply, please submit the following application materials: cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to http://www.sunydutchess.edu/employment
Please include Assistant Director of Advisement in the subject line.
Located in the heart of New York's beautiful mid-Hudson Valley (just 90 minutes north of New York City), Dutchess Community College is seeking individuals who are passionate about the community college experience and share our commitment to student success.
As part of the State University of New York, the largest comprehensive public higher education system in the country and a winner of the 2015 HEED Award for inclusiveness, Dutchess Community College is dedicated to nurturing communities, respecting individuality and embracing diversity. The College has twice earned the Poughkeepsie Journal's Richard K. Wager Workplace Diversity Award, and encourages applications from minorities, veterans, the disabled and all others (AA/EOE).