Chemistry Assistant Professor
Sacramento City College
Chemistry Assistant Professor
Job Posting Number: F00311P
Salary: $46,470 to $77,043 annually. Additional earnings may be available for summer, overloads, and stipends. LRCCD Salary Schedules
Additional Salary Information Entering annual salary within a given range varies, depending upon units/degrees completed at accredited colleges/universities and experience. Candidates not holding a master's degree may start at a salary lower than posted above.
Closing Date: 03/09/2018
Complete job description and application available online at: http://jobs.losrios.edu/postings/5712
The faculty member shall be responsible for the following: teaching assigned classes under the supervision of the area dean; helping students fulfill their maximum potential in mastering course content; assessing student learning outcomes; maintaining a thorough and up-to-date knowledge in their regular teaching field; using computers and instrumentation in the classroom; continuing professional development; utilizing current technology in the performance of job duties; maintaining standards of professional conduct and ethics appropriate to the professional position; assisting with articulation and curriculum development and review; serving on college committees and participating in faculty governance including accreditation and student co-curricular activities; assuming other responsibilities as assigned by the area dean; fulfilling other duties and responsibilities of a full-time faculty member as outlined in the college faculty handbook.
The department maintains a focus on:
● Fostering an intellectual environment that promotes dialogue and innovation in support of student success.
● Program development and openness to adjusting teaching methods in response to specific course or student needs.
● Ensuring that laboratories associated with the courses run safely, smoothly, and effectively.
Applicants applying for this position may also be interested in applying to the Chemistry Assistant Professor position at American River College, posting #F00307P.
The instructional assignment may include, but is not limited to, teaching courses in all levels of Chemistry offered at the college in:
● Allied Health Chemistry
● Beginning Chemistry
● General Chemistry
● Non-majors courses such as “Art and Chemistry”
● Organic Chemistry (courses with or without biological emphasis)
● Preparatory Chemistry
● Quantitative Analysis
The department uses chemical instrumentation and computers in teaching environments. Departmental Instrumentation includes GC, FTIR, GC-MS, HPLC and AA. Laptop computers and digital data acquisition systems are also available for laboratory instructional use.
The instructional assignment may include day, evening, online, hybrid, weekend, and/or off campus classes.
1. Have a master’s degree from an accredited institution, completed by August 23, 2018, in Chemistry; OR, have a bachelor’s degree in Chemistry or Biochemistry, AND have a master’s degree in Biochemistry, Chemical Engineering, Chemical Physics, Physics, Molecular Biology, or Geochemistry; OR, hold a California Community College Instructor’s Credential in the discipline area; OR, the equivalent.*
2. Have sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, including those with physical or learning disabilities as it relates to differences in learning styles.
*Note: Applicants applying under the “equivalent” provision must attach details and explain how their academic preparation is the equivalent of the degrees listed above.
The Los Rios Community College District is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate regardless of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, medical condition, political affiliation or belief, or marital status.