Help Desk Manager
Help Desk Manager
Posting Number: 201301266P
Full or Part Time: Full Time
Number of Months: 12
Work Schedule: Work performed during standard business hours. Additional hours outside standard business may be required to meet business needs.
Position End Date:
Open Date: 01/30/2018
Open Until Filled: Yes
The Help Desk manager role is key to Pacific Technologies core objective to provide excellent customer service to our customers and community.
Responsible for, designing and implementing effective and efficient service in support of personal computers, software, printers and related peripheral devices to include remedial desktop software training, equipment relocation, purchase of new hardware/software, corrective maintenance, and resolution of security issues. Responsible for developing, documenting, implementing, and overseeing the process by which Help Desk supports the University's technical assets, including managing communications between Help Desk and the campus community. Responsible for maintaining asset management and tracking of university equipment. Incident Management manager working with distributed technology staff to make sure the all processes are being followed. Change management owner, working with the change manager to make sure the process is being followed. Our goal is to make the Helpdesk the primary point of contact for service provision and this role is key to making that goal a reality.
1. Manages the Help Desk team according to policies and guidelines. This includes all aspects of personnel management such as training and development, performance monitoring, appraisals and objective setting, HR issues, resource management, recruitment, etc.
2. Takes a hands on approach to managing the daily workload of the Help Desk, ensuring all calls are being properly handled, prioritized, and progressed, customers are kept informed, and communications and customer service are of the highest standard.
3. Owns, reviews, and revises the ITIL Service Operation Policies, Processes, and Procedures pertaining to the role and regularly report on their performance using a range of KPIs and metrics. These include Incident, change, asset management and Access Management and Request Fulfillment.
4. In collaboration with other team managers, manages the configuration of the IT Service Management and call logging tool so that all call types are managed as efficiently and effectively as possible.
5. Owns, formulates, documents, reviews, and revises all support processes, workflows, and procedures relevant to the team’s work, including those relating to working practices and Health and Safety issues.
6. Owns, reviews, and revises as part of the team the Knowledge Management Policy, Process, and Procedures and regularly reports on its effective use.
7. Maintains and manages the Service Desk Knowledgebase, document stores, and customer records, ensuring all information is accurate, relevant, accessible and understandable to all readers.
8. Plays a key role in the Support team’s Continuous Service Improvement Program and ensures agreed Processes and Procedures are followed.
9. Plays a lead role in transitioning new Services into Service Operation, ensuring the Service Desk’s requirements are clearly defined and delivered.
10. Builds and maintains good working relationships with customers, suppliers, and other technical areas in the.
11. Takes individual responsibility for the promotion and implementation of the values and leadership Imperatives.
12. Complies with health and safety procedures to ensure a safe working environment for self and other staff, including carrying out risk assessments and workplace inspections for those areas under the team’s control.
Skills/Knowledge and Expertise:
The physical demands described here are representative but not definitive of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work is primarily performed in a standard office environment with use of computer, calculator/10-key, and phone. Requires extended periods of sitting and repetitive hand/wrist motion while using computer keyboard and phone. Occasional standing, walking, climbing stairs, bending, stooping and reaching. Occasional lifting up to 25 pounds.
Work Environment/Work Week/Travel:
Work is primarily performed in a standard office environment. Work performed during standard business hours. Additional hours outside standard business may be required to meet business needs.
Valid driver’s license required. Incumbent must also be able to meet the University’s fleet rules and be eligible to drive for University business. The University and its insurance carrier reserves the right to exclude applicants based on their driving record.
Hiring Range: Commensurate with experience, exempt
To apply, visit: https://pacific.peopleadmin.com/postings/11377
Background Check Statement:
Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check
AA/EEO Policy Statement:
University of the Pacific is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity. In compliance with applicable law and its own policy, Pacific is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty and staff and does not discriminate in its hiring of faculty and staff, or in the provision of its employment benefits to its faculty and staff on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sex/gender, marital status, military and veteran status, sexual orientation, medical condition, pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, or mental or physical disability.