Financial Aid Outreach Specialist
Reporting to the Director of Financial Aid, the Outreach Specialist engages students and programs on campus, and others within the community through financial aid outreach and technology. This position provides current and potential students with information about specific processes and requirements, updates, directions and regulations for financial aid, along with enrollment and entry services functions, processes and procedures. This position works collaboratively with other departments in the development and implantation of appropriate interventions in the application process to increase retention and support for students applying for financial aid by providing training on current technology.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Processes financial aid awards Process financial aid files including student loans, verification and parent PLUS loans assigned and reconciles with Business Office.
- Abides by policies and procedures to ensure compliance, quality customer service, and timeliness in all activities.
- Works in accordance with state and federal regulations, and participates in file review processes as needed or requested, up to the point of determining or making a financial aid award.
- Uses the financial aid database system (BANNER) to monitor and track student eligibility for financial aid programs and communicates with students regarding missing information and required processes and procedures.
- Actively participates in all professional development activities such as trainings, project teams, and other opportunities.
- Capable of staying current and training on software and technology
- Understand the functionalities of technology and how it's used to administer financial aid.
- Maintains a clean, organized, and safe work environment.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution
- Financial problems faced by economically disadvantage students
- Principles of supervision and training on current technologies.
- Office management practices; computer systems and applications related to financial aid, veterans and scholarship benefits regulations; operational characteristics, services and activities of financial aid.
- Various financial aid programs, policies, grants and systems.
- Principles of business letter writing and basic report preparation; program administration and organizational methods and techniques.
- Methods and techniques of community outreach course curriculum development.
- Proper language usage, spelling, grammar and punctuation.
- Principles and practices of marketing and promotion.
- Office procedures and equipment including computers.
- Pertinent Federal, State and local laws, codes and regulations.
- Ability to travel to different events, some overnight.
- Ability to organize, prioritize, and accommodate numerous interruptions is essential. Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, are essential. This includes the ability to speak clearly and fully comprehend written and spoken English, and will include communication with people for whom English is a second language, and will require conducting workshops, giving presentations and training on current technologies.
- Master's Degree
- Five years' financial aid experience, preferably in customer relations, outreach and technology
- Some evening and weekend work required
- Work site will vary between the office and the field
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to handle or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.