Assistant Director of Marketing - 501500
Assistant Director of Marketing
The Assistant Director of Marketing helps create engaging, memorable, and concept-driven materials and campaigns that support, communicate, and advocate the key priorities of the University of Richmond. Uses exceptional editorial skills, creative, and marketing skills to strengthen and advance the perception of the University's brand and its many attributes among target audiences.
Working in a highly collaborative, creative marketing and communications environment, the Assistant Director of Marketing serves as a project and content manager on high-profile marketing initiatives and campaigns. Responsible for guiding the content of projects from concept through to successful execution and final deliverables-ensuring the highest-quality end products and adherence to critical deadlines.
Please visit the link below for a full detailed job description:
- Writing, Editing, and Content Development
- Brand Tone and Voice, Content, and Asset Alignment
- Audience-Specific and Format-Appropriate Content Customization
- Content Management and Stakeholder Engagement
- Research, Metrics, and Content Objectives:
- Collaboration and Consensus
- Creative, Writing, and Editing
- Exceptional editorial, copywriting, and conceptual skills, as well as demonstrated experience thriving in a creative environment.
- Strategic marketing experience, as well as a strategic thinker and a creative problem solver.
- Demonstrated knowledge of professional editorial practices and processes, standard editing-proofreading marks/systems, and editorial style guides.
- Exceptional grammatical, proofing, and editorial production skills.
- Higher education experience is a plus.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent projects. Accuracy in the collection and dissemination of information. Proficiency in all phases of marketing initiatives and campaigns.
- Awareness of current trends in advertising, higher education, and consumer culture.
- Ability to analyze and adapt editorial and creative style to reflect insights obtained through marketing data. Knowledgeable in the collection and development of metric based strategic solutions.
- Collaboration and Team Skills
- Proven high-level communication and collaboration skills with creative teams. Ability to present ideas to team and clients, make presentations, garner consensus, obtain quality feedback, build relationships, and manage the interests of multiple stakeholders.
- Ability to be flexible and adapt quickly to changing priorities, direction, and deadlines is essential.
- Must possess the ability to handle all phases of assigned projects from concept through final execution and delivery. Exercises unflinching quality control at every juncture.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree in communications, public relations, marketing, business, or related field required.
- Minimum of five years of experience in a professional creative team environment, including direct experience in copy direction, content development, and writing and editing for integrated communications.
- Demonstrated involvement in integrated marketing collateral, branding development, and advertising campaigns with a is strongly preferred.
- Working knowledge of design issues, digital and multi-media based communications requirements, and the core content and creative development steps involved.
- Experience in Adobe Creative Suite applications including design production, with the working ability to create, access, edit, and revise files in collaboration and concert with multiple team members.
- Highly proficient in core Microsoft Office Suite applications for content development, collaboration, project reviews, and multi-faceted team communications.
- Experience working in a Macintosh, networked, team-based environment to create, share, and account for all project assets and resources.
- Previous professional experience with a higher education in-house creative team, corporate or non-profit in-house creative team, or advertising/marketing/branding agency is highly desirable.
A resume, cover letter, portfolio samples, and/or links to personal websites should be included in job submission. Applicants are asked to submit work demonstrating creative proficiency in marketing content, editorial development, and/or copywriting. Appropriate samples may include brochures, reports, integrated campaigns, print or web advertising, websites, video scripts, social media campaigns, or writing assignments. Preference will be given to samples that demonstrate a broad understanding of marketing and brand development through use of creative copy and direction.
Full-time, exempt position
Monday - Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.; 7.75 hrs./day; 38.75 hrs./week
Requires evening and weekend hours as needed to document events and maintain deadlines, independent travel accommodations.
UR is committed to developing a diverse faculty, staff and student body, and to modeling an inclusive campus community which values the expression of differences in ways that promote excellence in teaching, learning, personal development and institutional success. In keeping with this commitment, our academic community welcomes candidates from diverse backgrounds and candidates who support diversity. EOE