Sports Equipment Manager 1
Working Title Assistant Equipment Manager
The Athletic department at Eastern Washington University is seeking a detail-oriented person for the position of Assistant Equipment Manager / Sports Equipment Manager 1. Under the direction of the Director of Equipment Services, this person is responsible for the operation of the equipment room to include planning, organizing, implementing, coordinating, controlling and supervision of the equipment room that provides support for fourteen NCAA Division I athletic programs.
On top of salary, the University offers a comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, life and disability insurance and retirement. In addition, EWU offers generous vacation and sick leave accruals, 10 paid holidays per year and fringe benefits, such as tuition waiver for employees, discounted EWU event and sports tickets and free transportation through STA buses.
EWU expands opportunities for personal transformation through excellence in learning.
About Eastern Washington University
Eastern is a regional, comprehensive university located in Cheney, 20 minutes from downtown Spokane. In addition to Eastern's Cheney campus, we also offer our Riverpoint campus in Spokane, plus additional teaching/learning centers located in other cities throughout Washington State. Enrollment has reached over 12,000 students. The Cheney-Spokane area is the heart of the Inland Northwest, with excellent restaurants, theater, shopping, skiing, hiking, lakes, a choice of living in a medium-sized city or a small town, and high quality schools and housing.
Eastern Washington University is committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty, staff, students, and academic program offerings and to strengthening sensitivity to diversity throughout the institution. Eastern Washington University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, and applications from members of historically underrepresented groups are especially encouraged.
Conditions of Employment
- Valid Washington State Drivers License within 30 days of hire.
- This is an agency shop position
- This position will require employee to be available on nights and weekends and may require travel with some athletic teams.
- This position, during the course of university employment will be involved in the receipt or, or accountability for, university funds or other items of value. Successful applicant will be required to pass a background check for continued employment.
If you would like to obtain a copy of the Essential Functions Analysis form, which describes the physical and mental demands of the position, please contact Vara Lyn Conrath at firstname.lastname@example.org.Required Qualifications:
- High school graduation
- Two (2) years of equipment room and or games areas experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with NCAA and/or Big Sky rules compliance as it relates to an equipment room.
- Candidate must demonstrate interest, ability and/or experience promoting cultural competency, universal accessibility and/or diversity.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field.
- Minimum one year of experience working in an NCAA Division I equipment room.
- Minimum one year of experience working in an equipment room at a Big Sky Conference institution.
Other Skills and Abilities: