Duties: Responsible for computational analysis of clinical and biomedical research data using artificial intelligence (AI), machine learning (ML), and visual analytics (VA) methods and applications. Responsible for programming necessary to modify and/or implement AI, ML, and VA algorithms and software. The position will be part of the computational support infrastructure within the Penn Institute for Biomedical Informatics (IBI).
Qualifications: * The minimum of a Bachelor's degree and 4 years of data analysis experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience required. Master's degree or PhD in Bioinformatics, Biostatistics, Computer Science, Data Science, Informatics or equivalent strongly preferred.
* Competent in Python programming language required
* Experience with artificial intelligence or machine learning a plus
* Experience with data science a plus
* Experience with information visualization, scientific visualization, or visual analytics a plus
* Experience with high-performance computing a plus
* Experience with biomedical research a plus
* Experience with clinical data a plus
* Ability to work with a software development team using formal software development methods
* Ability to work independently and apply critical thinking and sound judgment
* Excellent organizational and time management skills
* Ability to communicate effectively with team members
Reference Number: 40-27777
Salary Grade: E
Employment Type: Exempt
Org: BI-Institute for Biomedical Informatics
Special Requirements: Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.
Job Family: E-Information Systems/Technology