Front End Web Developer
Front End Web Developer
Requisition Number: STFR004336
Division/College: Professional Advancement Network
Location: Boston Main Campus
Full-time/Part-time: Full Time
Northeastern University's Professional Advancement Network is looking for a talented Front-End Web Developer to join our in-house creative team. This position will be a vital part of a team of designers, developers, project managers, writers and video producers and that contribute to our full-service studio.
In this position, the Front-End Web Developer can expect to:
You’ll bring your own unique blend of experiences to the table, supplemented by the following core technologies, tools and paradigms:
• Responsive implementation
• Task Runners/Automation (e.g, Grunt, Gulp, etc.)
• Version control (Git)
• Familiarity with SEO best practices
• Experience developing for different platforms, including responsive theme design/mobile theme development
• Be self-motivated, self-critical, open-minded, creative, and interested in working in a collaborative and communicative environment.
• Possess excellent communication, presentation, and organizational skills with a strong work ethic.
• Be thoughtful about the role of design in relation to contemporary technology; be committed to lifelong design learning, and active in the tech/design community
• Have opinions regarding new technologies and preferred workflow
• Have experience working independently with clients
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously under tight deadline pressure
• Ability to troubleshoot and solve technical problems
• Strong time management skills, high level of attention to detail, strong interpersonal skills, and strong organizational skills
• Flexibility and collaborative work-style to succeed in a team-oriented environment
• 3-5 years experience in related field; 1-5 years of technical experience as a front-end web developer
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in design-related discipline
Experience in Wordpress, Litmus, UX/UI design, Graphic Design, Adobe Creative Suite (esp. Photoshop and Illustrator) preferred. We want you have opinions on technology, workflow, and best practices and have the confidence to share them.
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: Careers@Northeastern
Northeastern University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Educational Institution and Employer, Title IX University. Northeastern University particularly welcomes applications from minorities, women and persons with disabilities. Northeastern University is an E-Verify Employer.