Director of Student Accounts/Bursar
Nature of Work
The Director of Student Accounts reports to the Assistant Vice President for Budget and Finance/Comptroller and is responsible for management of student billings and collections, support maintenance of the BANNER accounts receivable module, third-party student billings, and the student Card Office. The position also is responsible for financial aid disbursements and refund calculations, ensuring compliance with all Title IV rules and regulations. This position works closely with Student Affairs and Enrollment Management regarding admission, registration, housing, and food services to provide superior service to students. Finally, the position provides reports and data to the Assistant Vice President for Budget and Finance and the Comptroller. Persons holding administrative positions serve at the pleasure of the President and perform an appropriate combination of college and community service activities.
• Directs and manages cashiering and student billings on main campus and Camden.
• Oversees student collections, compliance with BOR collections processes, acts as liaison with 3rd party collection agencies, and recommends student write-offs to the Comptroller.
• Responsible for 1098-t compliance and issuance.
• Performs month reconciliation of BANNER to PeopleSoft financials for student receivables.
• Oversees the Director of Card Office and all functions related to the card office.
• Maintains the online payment system, TouchNet, for student payments.
• Works with Technology Services to ensure PCI compliance.
• Provides periodic updates to the AVP for Budget and Finance for budgeting processes.
• Provides periodic reporting to the Comptroller for aging receivables and collections.
• Completes accounts receivable reporting required by the Board of Regents.
• Responsible for auditing and reviewing student accounts to ensure appropriate charges.
• Manages disbursement of financial aid disbursements and refunds, including Title IV funds.
• Ensures compliance with all federal, state, and BOR laws, policies, and procedures related to student accounts.
• Participates in student orientation and other student events to provide information and resources on student accounts and card services.
• Helps develop local policies and procedures related to student accounts and the card office.
Minimum Qualifications and Training
Required qualifications include a bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field from a regionally accredited institution of higher education, supplemented by a minimum of five years experience in accounting or business management. Excellent communications skills and a strong commitment to superior customer service is a must.
Preferred Qualifications and Training
Experience in accounts receivable and collections preferred. Experience working with BANNER, TouchNet, or other billings software system desired.